Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids bikes/quads

Excessive Force
    Ok which of the 2(bikes or quads) did you peeps buy your kids?
    anyone else here concerned bout safety. or am i overly concerned. really wanna but my kids quads but would hate for one to ruin a day on a rollover.....2 wheelers seem safer.....think im trippin! :yuk:

HocusPocus
    mine have quads but we always follow the mfg riding age restrictions. little kids and big quads are a bad mix.
    cycles are good but for me if the kild isn't old or skilled enough to ride a bicycle without training wheels then they shouldn't be on a motorcycle. i know lots of people put training wheels on a cycle but as far as im concerned it really teaches them the wrong way to handle one.
    it pretty much boils down to your comfort level on what they ride.

OGShocker
    Ok which of the 2(bikes or quads) did you peeps buy your kids?
    anyone else here concerned bout safety. or am i overly concerned. really wanna but my kids quads but would hate for one to ruin a day on a rollover.....2 wheelers seem safer.....think im trippin! :yuk:
    We have both. My seven year old son likes the quad MUCH better. I'll be selling his 50 pretty soon. He is ready for the 80.

JetBoatRich
    My kids have bikes Bought me son a DRZ110 at the age of 7 and my Daughter a CRF230.

WetWillie
    Im going to turn down the speed until they learn how to handle them.
    If you can flip a quad you can flip a motorbike with training wheels IMHO.. :notam:

OGShocker
    My kids have bikes Bought me son a DRZ110 at the age of 7 and my Daughter a CRF230.
    Are yee Irish lad?

myoung
    Start them out on a bike, they'll be able to ride anything.
    Start them out on a quad, they'll still have to learn how to ride a bike when they get bored with a quad.

MBlaster
    I got my son a XR 50 when he was 5. I didn't want to put training wheels on it so I told him when he could straddle the bike and hold it with both feet on the ground he was good to go. Just before his 6th birthday he was big enough to ride it. I gave him 1st gear only till he was in control and could use the brakes properly. Now he can use all 3 gears and is in great control. He's been riding now for about 5 months. Kid's a natural. Wish I had started riding that young. I have no plans to get quads.

JetBoatRich
    Are yee Irish lad?
    LOL

ryantparks
    Like jetboatrich I bought a klx 110 for my 8 year old and a polaris 50 quad for my 5 year old

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast