Thread: how do I remove bowl and Transom plate

kcsteck
    I am getting my boat painted and I wanted to remove the bowl and Plate that says berkely on it on back of boats transom. I removed all the screws from the Plate that says Berkely. can that come off and I can leave the bowl on or does it all Have to come off? and If it does how?Is that plate just glued on now or does bowl have to come off first before I can get plate off? I have no idea and dont have a book?
    Casey

olbiezer
    i could be wrong but i beleave it will slid right off over the bowl after u get it off the transom.

÷קmᮆښ×÷
    just use a few screwdrivers and pry it off gently just when you get to the ohh shit factor it will start to come off.. there should be no need to pull the bowl off

kcsteck
    by what means a exacto knife to cut glue and some pry bars or somethin?
    Casey

kcsteck
    by what means a exacto knife to cut glue and some pry bars or somethin?
    Casey

ONAROLL
    Mask off approx one inch around the transom plate with duct tape to protect the hull, get a long thin bladed flexible carving knife from the kitchen, gently slide the knife through the silicone that is sealing the plate to the hull, move the knife around the plate cutting the sealer, as you get space between the hull and the plate slide a wedge in the space i.e. wood,screwdriver, work your way all around the plate adding pressure with the wedges, even pressure all the way around is the key, dont get in a hurry......02

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Mask off approx one inch around the transom plate with duct tape to protect the hull, get a long thin bladed flexible carving knife from the kitchen, gently slide the knife through the silicone that is sealing the plate to the hull, move the knife around the plate cutting the sealer, as you get space between the hull and the plate slide a wedge in the space i.e. wood,screwdriver, work your way all around the plate adding pressure with the wedges, even pressure all the way around is the key, dont get in a hurry......02
    What he said! BUT do it slowly and carefully or you can remove chips of gelcoat as well. IT will take you about 20-30 minutes to get it off without tearing up your hull...

kp216
    What Onaroll said. Plus, check the seal area where the bowl comes through the transom adaptor. The bowl is sealed with a large O-ring, but sometimes people will put a bead a silicone around the gap. If there is silicone there, cut it all the way around with an exacto knife.
    Take your time, it'll come off.

Red Horse
    Nice and easy. It will come. ANd put the pry bar back in the tool box. Way too much for something like this.

kcsteck
    thanks guys got her off .
    Casey