Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Who has to winterize thier boat and at what cost?

Squirtin Thunder
    Nope pull the engine and put it in the race truck !!!

maxwedge
    Costs me about $20 for some oil, lube, Sta-Bil, etc., and a couple of beers.

mickeyfinn
    Winterize a couple of times during the winter. Usually run a 50/50 mix through the engine and catch it once or twice when I take it out.

Jbb
    I winterize my boats myself......stabil...fogging oil....oil and filter....and an afternoons time.........I hate winter...... :notam:

Riverjet502
    I have winterized twice this fall... Luv these warm bonous days we have been having here this fall. I do it myself. Takes 20-30 minutes tops, drain and blow out the water from the block & cooling lines, change oil..Dominator pump drains itself. No tail bearing oil reservoir to worry about. Very simple....

Chase
    Yes...Winterization has happened in the Drag 'n Fly....I don't know how much it cost as I do it myself...Oil ($15), filter($3), some antifreeze for the engine($12).....oil for the leg($50 :2purples: )...and a couple of beer

a catered life
    weird i was told by my mechanic at eliminator not to change the oil until next season.sounds a lot different than wht everyone else is doing

Jbb
    weird i was told by my mechanic at eliminator not to change the oil until next season.sounds a lot different than wht everyone else is doing
    I change at the end of the season because I run my engines cool....and oil mixed with water vapor sitting on engine internals ...is not a good thing....

lucky
    up till this year - the engine has been out for one reason or another -- but I do it my self , stabil , w-d 40 on the polished items a good coat of wax , blankets over the seats and between the covers - then off to the barn ( still no garage and it kills me !!!
    I think Kim needs to tell us about winterization

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12