Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a better way to mount an alternator

Here's my set-up, and it's for sale.
    What ... no price? :hammer2:

Here's my set-up, and it's for sale. Complete set up...Marine alt. w/ pulley, yoke w/pulley, polished billet bracket, ARP hardware, and two belts. The bracket replaces the front bearing retainer on the pump.
    Here's just the bracket
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...mp_before3.jpg
    Here's the assembly
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...729before1.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...729before4.jpg
    I may be ignorant but,...what if you lose a belt, do you have to pull the driveline in order to reinstall a new one??

I may be ignorant but,...what if you lose a belt, do you have to pull the driveline in order to reinstall a new one??
    That's what it looks like ... but that belt is the same type used for dry sumps if I'm not mistaken ... rarely break

even if its a friggin autozone cheapy, it should not break or get spit off, those things go atleast 30k. We dont put 30k on our boats in a lifetime.
    Now if your a hack and your alignments off like HBjets was all season, thats another story.
    I need to get some pics up of the mini 1 wire alt. with cogbelt drive Ive got, its kinda cool and has been great for 2 seasons now.

cyclone
    even if its a friggin autozone cheapy, it should not break or get spit off, those things go atleast 30k. We dont put 30k on our boats in a lifetime.
    Now if your a hack and your alignments off like HBjets was all season, thats another story.
    I need to get some pics up of the mini 1 wire alt. with cogbelt drive Ive got, its kinda cool and has been great for 2 seasons now.
    Man you be kickin ol' hb in the junk all night. almost runnin' his boat onto the beach, crappy alternator alignment. next thing you know you'll tell everyone that he when he flips his boat over beer cans fall out of it. oh wait that was you. nevermind.

Hb can handle it.. :wink:
    About the beer cans,yes that did happen when we filpped it over, I quadruple checked for cans too. ..LOL
    At the last race on Sunday Im running down the track and one of those 16 ounce plastic beer bottles that i love so much appeared out of no where in the cockpit and was like spinning and twirling around inside the boat all the way from like 1/2 track till the lights.It was like when you leave some stuff in the back of your truck and your driving down the road and you see it kinda dancing around in the back, it was doing that inside the boat.Weird, i have no idea where it came from, but i was cracking up going through the lights.

cyclone
    greetings from las vegas. dont lie you were drinkin on the rope.

It had to have been from labor day, that was the last time I had those plastic bottles. if you havent tried them yet, you gotta get some, they stay so cold.
    drop a $100 on black for me...

but i was cracking up going through the lights.
    you have time to think (or do anything for that matter) when going through the lights???
    It is time for nitrous!

promod
    Alternator? What's an Alternator?
    i can't figure out either :messedup:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast