Thread: Special bottom paint?

Snowboat
    I'm working on a Biesemeyer and have it flipped over in the garage. There were some spots to fix on the bottom and the strut and the fins are painted with something that I don't recognize. It's more like a coating with some thickness to it, rather than a slippery bottom paint. The same stuff is on the bottom. It is noticeably smoother than the surrounding paint. It will come off in thick flakes where it wasn't adhered to perfectly. Does anybody know what this might be? I thought it might be some sort of special sailboat bottom paint.

I'm working on a Biesemeyer and have it flipped over in the garage. There were some spots to fix on the bottom and the strut and the fins are painted with something that I don't recognize. It's more like a coating with some thickness to it, rather than a slippery bottom paint. The same stuff is on the bottom. It is noticeably smoother than the surrounding paint. It will come off in thick flakes where it wasn't adhered to perfectly. Does anybody know what this might be? I thought it might be some sort of special sailboat bottom paint.
    Gtta figure it's something like "Speed coat" Ken.Is it on your S?,----It also goes by other names I believe. You should get some good feedback here.---Steve

Snowboat
    I always thought that speed coat was a graphite coating (flat black), this is a semi gloss white style paint. Should have mentioned that before.

I always thought that speed coat was a graphite coating (flat black), this is a semi gloss white style paint. Should have mentioned that before.
    I think you can mix colors with it some how.----Billy knows.....Steve

Snowboat
    I could swear this is some kind of plastic coating.

I could swear this is some kind of plastic coating.
    Hmmm........Beyond me------Steve

GofastRacer
    Well since I don't know shit about that stuff, if it was me I'd take it all off down to the gel and after any necessary repairs I'd speed coat it!..

÷קmᮆښ×÷
    it may be poxy puddy

Snowboat
    That sounds close. What's epoxy putty?