Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "GUCCI" BOATERS

RUN2RIVER
    Has anyone else seen a problem with what I call "GUCCI" boaters? I call a person a GUCCI boater when they think that just because they can afford to put in a big blown motor with tons of power that they need it as their first boat. They see their boat as a status sign or they have to be #1. This is Dangerous! I have seen more people like this have accidents at the launch ramps and collisions with other boats because they have no idea what they are doing. Just because you can afford a boat like this does not mean that you should have a boat like that. Gain some experience and learn what to do and what not to do. This is why I am a firm believer that liscenses should be MANDATED on all bodies of water. Anyone else agree/disagree?

Cole
    i disagree,its not brain surgury to back a boat into the water or learn how to drive one,if he can afford one, then he has earned the right to buy one!! just use common sense and i am sure he'll figure it out soon enough!!! Cole

Blown Sleek
    Tell ya what! No one in my crowd has ever had boat accident! I had first outboard 1977 was dirving alone prior!! Never a problem!!
    I guerantee they would never give me a boat lic or let me keep it!! Mr Gucci I am sure can afford the law suits, pay for the gel coat repair etc. But when he hurts my little boy or family he will not buy his way out of it! Forget the lic stuff it will come anyways!! I see more accidents on speed limited lakes than in the open water!!B.T.W A kid with a pocket full of money a clean driving record and ... Killed my buddy who had two kids and a great wife!! They both had licenses and clean records. Now who is suffering? (motorcycle accident)

HAVASU DCB
    I DON'T AGREE!! WHAT IS HE GOING TO PRACTICE WITH? A JET BOAT WITH A BIG BLOCK. FIGURE IT OUT.

Blown Sleek
    Just tell him to practice in an area large enough to accomidate his new big boat.I will keep my big block jet out of you'r bath tubs and he can keep his beutiful luxury yacht out of the puddle untill he learns how to use his depth guage while reading the owners manule??? Maybe he can practice docking and trailering on the off week ends? That way I do not have to call my ins company every time he plows by the road runner?? Just my o2.Maybe some of us would be a little kinder if they had a little consideration??How would you feel if the guy with the (Otter?) on page 116 newest issue decided he was entitled to the river to and landed on you'r beutifl new ship?? There is a time and place for everything!!!! Just got to figure out how to keep the holiday parties from killing it for everyone else.

ratso
    RUN@RIVER... Just whose side are you on??? Theres already enough up against us. Most people are fairly responsible, so why try to govern us because of a few jerks?

RUN2RIVER
    Ratso I am on the side of safety. Ever been to Havasu or Parker on a big weekend? If you have you probably would have noticed gangbangers and thugs in rental boats cruising up and down the lake. THEY HAVE NO PLACE THERE!!! All that they want to do is to get drunk and party. I was in the jumping cove just up from the dam on Havasu last 4th. A boatload of gangbangers came in in a rented boat. They were hammered and obviously had no idea what they were doing. To navigate through the crowd (NO JOKE) they had two guys on the front of the boat pushing off other people's boats with gardening rakes. They went to push off of mine while trying to get to the back, I blew a gasket. Their comment was "ehh maan. dont bee so serious." Yeah right. When you have over 120k invested in a boat and it is your baby, you take care of it. If liscenses were mandatory and fairly (not extremely) difficult to get, the one time a year boaters/drunk partiers would not get one or if they applied then they would not pass. I just want to keep the idiots off of the water and get back to a good old boy sport. No more kids with daddy's boat out on the water. If they are, they better know how to drive. If you know how to drive and the rules of the water, you should be up for this. No problem passing and it will keep the idiots of of the lake. WOO HOO more space for me!

RiverLife
    RUN2RIVER,
    I totally agree with you! If you know what you are doing and think that safety is pretty important, then what is the big deal? I know I would pass, and I don't break the law. If you do break the law, then F--K you, you got what you deserved. Like "Blown Sleek", I'm sure your a nice guy and would love to hang at the river, but your record is nothing to be proud of. It's people like you that end up killing people because you "keep driving anyway." If you don't want your driver/ boating license taken away..................... DON'T BREAK THE F-----ING LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for all of you who say that accidents still happen even though drivers licenses exist, just imagine what it would be like if they didn't! It won't make it completely safe on the water, but it would help a great deal!! Maybe even some of those stabbings that have been going on at Havasu because of those dumb ass gang-bangers wouldn't happen either. We don't need that shit!
    Don't want to offend anyone, sorry if I did! I'll buy you a round. I just like to feel safe with my family and friends.
    RL (Jason)

Boatjob
    BITTERNESS, BITTERNESS, BITTERNESS........

RUN2RIVER
    Amen Jason. We do need to get the people who don't belong off of the lake. I am not saying that this is any stereotype of person, but people who like to cause problems in general. The big problems come from the gangbangers and thugs that think that Havasu and Parker are just places to party. I belive that this is a result of the unfortunate appearance of MTV at spring break. I can remember Havasu as a good time location not a place to worry about getting into problems. During the old days, at the most you would see 2 guys throwing blows. It is pathetic and sad now that while at Havasu you have to worry about being either shot or stabbed. Those guys are a bunch of pu##Ys. If you have a problem deal with it, but don't shoot or stab someone. I miss the good old days at Havasu that is for sure. Nowdays I probably go there 1-2 times a year. Simply because I worry about my stuff and my family/friends. While boating the only thing that I should have to worry about is how much gas I have left in my tank.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast