Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Refinishing hardwood floors

Squirtin Thunder
    I like vergin wood, fresh never stained or finished. Much easier to work with. All the strippers and sanding is tons of work and very costly. I am also a fan of the natural look of the wood vs a grain covering stain.

riverracerx
    I refinished hardwood floors in college. What a bitch of a job that was. Ughhh!
    You can really screw them up easily with the orbital sander. Actually if you accidentally let go of the sander it spins around and punches a big hole in the wall with the handle.....or so I am told!
    Everyone wanted white-wash back then. Horrible.

blown428fe
    Could someone tell me what you are paying per foot for refinishing out west?

Flip
    Could someone tell me what you are paying per foot for refinishing out west?
    Yeah, me too...

CenCal
    In the middle of putting in a hardwood stair case. Put in the upper hallway also a few months ago. Never did this on my own :2purples: . Helped a friend of mine do a few jobs. He has a hardwood floor business in Tucson. It's turning out real nice but it has been a bitch :hammerhea . Now ready to put the finish on. I plan to sand sand sand! Then fill in the small cracks with a mixture of saw dust and fast drying polyurethane. Then sand sand and sand. Clean the wood on put 2-3 coats of polyurethane and leave the house or a day or two. My friend and i did our up stairs living room like this several years ago and it turned out real nice

blown428fe
    Cencal- Did You Put In Oak Or What? Do You Know What Your Friend Charges To Refinsh?

BOBALOO
    I am in so cal and last year had 3 estimates to refinish about 750 sq ft. The high estimate was about 2400 and the low was about 1400. I went with the middle one at 1650 with some repaired strips. This was white oak with 3 coats of poly and I already had the floor mouldings removed to replace them. It took 3 days. The guys I used stay pretty local to where I live and were kind of flakey on when they showed up, so I wouldn't recommend them for where you are. I recommended them to a buddy and they toook 3 weeks to get back :hammerhea
    Good luck finding someone. Ask your neighbors if you know any that have had their floors done.
    The worst part is moving EVERYTHING out of your house.

Badburn
    Anyone had their hardwood floors refinished? I'm looking for some references to have someone come in and do ours.
    I am the owner of Central Valley Floor Design in El Dorado Hills, CA. Dont know where you are located, but I may be able to help. We specialize in high end exotic hardwoods, and refinishing too. I'd be happy to answer questions if you have any.

BajaMike
    I am the owner of Central Valley Floor Design in El Dorado Hills, CA. Dont know where you are located, but I may be able to help. We specialize in high end exotic hardwoods, and refinishing too. I'd be happy to answer questions if you have any.
    What do you think of bamboo floors??? Are some brands better then others??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast