Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: SO NOw that ARNIE BLEW MILLIONS

Havasu Hangin'
    So let me ask you this. Why are you union slugs so happy that your unions outspent the governor 2-1 to limit your right to vote on how to spend YOUR money? At least Arnold spent 7 million of his own money for his beliefs. That means that the unions spent all those millions of your money to limit your rights. I am so happy for you idiots.
    My wife is a "union slug" (teacher). She already stipulates if her dues can be spent on political causes.
    Arnold the Idiot was upset that his PR campaign to push through "pay for performance" was thwarted by the teachers (who opposed it because test scores for non-English speaking kids would have a negative effect on their compensation).
    Once the public learned the background...they saw through his flawed agenda (thanks to the teacher's union). Instead of fixing the education spending by:
    A. Mandating English in classrooms
    and/or..
    B. Hiring and implementing more ESL classes through all grades
    ...he goes after teacher's compensation structure, and then how the unions can spend money against him. If he really wants to save education money, he needs to figure out a way to stop paying to education illegal alien's kids while their parents aren't paying any income taxes (a big problem here in California). My taxes are paying to educate those kids.
    His "fix the system" campaign is about as transparent as Pamela Anderson's top on Jimmy Kimmel last night. I wish I could have back the ten minutes I spent voting for that double-digit IQ idiot.

AZKC
    Political Rhetoric :hammer2:
    Isn't the political process just great :sleeping:

PHX ATC
    I say triple the teacher's salaries, half the administrator's salaries and call it a done deal.
    Heck, I'd even pay more taxes for that too.

GHT
    There is sooooo much involved with all decisions made in politics. I don't think anyone is ever REALLY happy with the person / persons in power. Everyone hated "Grey-out Davis" and now it's Arnolds turn. The next person in the "Hot Seat" will be the person all of you voters put in the Gov mansion.
    My guess is that there will be a thread (as long as ***boat exist) slamming the next and the next and the next....... Governor. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    If it's that bad then MOVE... My .02
    And I hope everyone is having a good Hump day. :rollside: :rollside:

Kilrtoy
    So let me ask you this. Why are you union slugs so happy that your unions outspent the governor 2-1 to limit your right to vote on how to spend YOUR money? At least Arnold spent 7 million of his own money for his beliefs. That means that the unions spent all those millions of your money to limit your rights. I am so happy for you idiots.
    Nice response, First off SLUG, I walk not crawl around and it just goes to show you what you really don't know....

Wmc
    What a waste, we nominated him in as Governor to do a job for us and now both sides have spent a fortune to not let the guy do his job. Whatever, California is full of Hollywood Democrats who just seem to have more pull in this state. Just let Arnold do his job, that is why we nominated him.

Cas
    The problem in our state and country isn't about what passes and what doesn't, it's how there's a distinct seperation between people. What should be done is we unite to make the changes but there's too much discension.
    Maybe some of you can remember the term "United We Stand Divided We Fall"
    we're ALL falling hard!

Seadog
    My brother is a nurse living in California, I have family all over the state and it is very easy to read all about the elections in the news.
    The election was not about the union members, it was about the unions and democrudes maintaining their control. And individual members aside, when you allow the party in control to set the districting boundaries, and you allow the unions too much control over politics, your future is doomed.
    My brother made a decent living in Oklahoma, but when his divorce got him in financial hurt, he took work in California because the unions allowed him to do half the work at three times the pay. The problem is that someone has to pay for this. Since the individual cannot afford it, the insurance companies are cutting back on coverage, it is going to be up to the state to pay for it. When things get to the point where th companies cannot afford the taxes and health coverage, they are going to move. Look at how many have already moved. The entire state is a bubble waiting to burst. When it does, SoCal is going to be another Baja. Wealthy Americans and poor Mexican laborers.
    The tenure issue is not one that I would have much opinion about. I work for a university and tenure is controversial here too. We have a lawsuite over a teacher not being given tenure due to internal politics. I think the tenure system needs reform, just not a patch.
    The redistricting was very sound. I think that all states should require redistricting be done by a system that kept the parties out of it.
    The only one that I had real problems with was prop 76. I have found that spending restrictions, no matter how well intentioned, can come back to bite you. Oklahoma, in a wave of anti-government sentiment, passed a no-new-taxes initiative. Now every change in taxes has to be voted on by the public. It has been a total failure, but will never change because it allows the legislature off the hook for their failures.

Havasu Hangin'
    What a waste, we nominated him in as Governor to do a job for us and now both sides have spent a fortune to not let the guy do his job. Whatever, California is full of Hollywood Democrats who just seem to have more pull in this state. Just let Arnold do his job, that is why we nominated him.
    Although the Dems are fighting against Arnold, this is not a Democrat vs Republican issue.
    Arnold is making some very BAD decisions...and I know alot of Republicans (including myself) that are not backing those BAD decisions.

mike37
    I have a question
    I know this verys from one district to another
    how much is a teachers salary per year
    and how many days a year do they work for that salary
    and how many Hrs a day do they work
    any one know

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast