Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: info om mako boats?

Cole Man II
    Napalm,
    Sometime back Jetboatguru drove a Mako in PGF called the Abyss #766. I know the boat was awful fast, but more than that he might have an opinion on whether it would hold up well as a lake boat.
    I suggest sending him a private message.
    Cole Man.

flattie440
    i think the Abyss was a bitz boat...

Pretty sure it was just dirty.
    This boat did come from down south.
    I would say it is worth a trip to Spanish Springs. Its up by the high school.

**NAPALM**
    i might have to go check it out how did the floor look?
    is bob interested?

Floor looked ok. Matched the rest of the boat.
    It would make an ok lake race deal. Don't realy know what you are looking for.
    You could throw a decent motor in her & go have fun.

Cole Man II
    Napalm,
    My bad, I think the Abyss was a Bitz.
    Cole Man.

Fiat48
    Morg and I looked at that boat quite a while back. The paint was o.k but not that good. I did verify V drive placement, strut and motor placement and those dimensions were right. The bottom had some work done to it at one time but there was some bondo flaking near the strut.
    Personally I felt that the boat was o.k. But just o.k. I felt it better to hold out for a more popular boat that would have better resale down the road like a Cole, Canyon or Hondo T deck.

**NAPALM**
    Morg and I looked at that boat quite a while back. The paint was o.k but not that good. I did verify V drive placement, strut and motor placement and those dimensions were right. The bottom had some work done to it at one time but there was some bondo flaking near the strut.
    Personally I felt that the boat was o.k. But just o.k. I felt it better to hold out for a more popular boat that would have better resale down the road like a Cole, Canyon or Hondo T deck.
    thanks for the info thats good to know i am looking for somthing that is ready to go less motor but it doesn't seem to be a bad deal that and it's local.

Fiat48
    Well...$4500 would buy it at one time less motor. Just so you know. Look it over real good as I could not as it was stuffed into a tight garage. The guy went hydro and he does want to move it.
    And.....the motor he has for sale...just cough twice and pass on that.

Kurtis500
    Someone had a Mako at Apache Lake a few years ago that hit a roller, blew out the side and sunk after just making it to the ramp. Pretty light, but fast. Not a rough water boat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast