Thread: German short hair pointers?

cdog
    We just lost our family Dog. Todd (10.5 year old yellow/white lab) He had a tumor on his heart. Poor guy.
    I was thinking of getting my dad and family a new pup for christmas this year. A german short hair pup would be perfect. He'll be used to the hyper dog so when he has to watch my weim she does'nt seem so bad. Plus their great dogs and we hunt.
    Does anyone know a friend who has a up comming litter or just born pups? Thanks for you're help.

djunkie
    I'll give my buddy a call and see if he can recomend a place. He's got one and it is an awseome dog. He is a handful but he hunts good.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...3__Medium_.jpg

JB in so cal
    We just lost our family Dog. Todd (10.5 year old yellow/white lab) He had a tumor on his heart. Poor guy.
    I was thinking of getting my dad and family a new pup for christmas this year. A german short hair pup would be perfect. He'll be used to the hyper dog so when he has to watch my weim she does'nt seem so bad. Plus their great dogs and we hunt.
    Does anyone know a friend who has a up comming litter or just born pups? Thanks for you're help.
    Cdog,
    I've had a female; she'll be 11 on xmas eve. Still gets after it; plays in the water all day at the lake; bugs the shit out of me unless I take her out to play frisbee in the evening.
    Can't go wrong with a GSP; and hyper is an understatement.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...sinbow-med.JPG

riverroyal
    Cdog,
    I've had a female; she'll be 11 on xmas eve. Still gets after it; plays in the water all day at the lake; bugs the shit out of me unless I take her out to play frisbee in the evening.
    Can't go wrong with a GSP; and hyper is an understatement.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...sinbow-med.JPG
    energy is the only thing that keeps me going at the river

dicudmore
    sorry about your loss Corey...good luck on the search :wink:

Rev. Williams
    and hyper is an understatement.
    I must have got the stoner of the litter with my GSP. Anyone that has met him will tell ya, he's happiest just chillin on the couch watching TV.
    But if you say "Hunt Um Up!!" He goes nuts and will run into every bush in the backyard looking for birds !! By far the most birdie dog I've ever had.

AltarGirl
    I must have got the stoner of the litter with my GSP. Anyone that has met him will tell ya, he's happiest just chillin on the couch watching TV.
    But if you say "Hunt Um Up!!" He goes nuts and will run into every bush in the backyard looking for birds !! By far the most birdie dog I've ever had.
    This dog is the love of my life, he really makes me want a German Shorthair of my own

djunkie
    This dog is the love of my life, he really makes me want a German Shorthair of my own
    Beware, not all of them sit on the couch and watch TV. Most are so hiper it will drive you crazy. Great bird dogs though.

JB in so cal
    Mine likes a blanket when sleeping; hates thunder and fireworks; lets kids and other dogs play all over her-my nephew tugs on her ears and shit. Great all around dog except you just need to adapt to the amount of energy they have.