Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydraulic Transom Jack Plate

red rocker fan
    Need help. I run my 21' Bahner sport tunnel in the lower river In blythe with lots of sand bars.The boats fast but is it worth $850.00 for a Hydraulic Transom Jack Plate.This is my first outboard so im new to type of boat an speed. I have alwes had jets. I love the speed an the handling of this boat an motor. Can some one help with what thay know.

HavasuDreamin'
    A couple of thoughts for you.
    1. Only you can determine if it is worth spending $850 on an upgrade.
    2. Your $850 price might be a little low. You may need longer steering cables (I did). Mine were about $250 a pop for Morse cables.
    3. If you go with a jack plate, I would highly recommend an aftermarket bearing carrier because a surface piercing prop puts a lot of strain on your lower unit.
    4. It looks like you have a nose cone / low water pick up. If not, this is mandatory.
    Don't expect phenominal gains. The plate will help a lot, but my guess is you will see an increase of 5 mph, tops.
    One last thing.......if you run a jack plate, you absolutely, positively need a water pressure guage. Never run your motor at less than 10lbs of pressure. I run mine between 12 and 15 lbs.
    Good Luck.

red rocker fan
    Thanks for the info. I do have a nose cone / low water pick up.An I have a water pressure guage. I dont know If I have a aftermarket bearing carrier. How would I know If I do? Thanks Rob D.

votech
    we also run in blythe, so i put one on my new boat,it works well for low water but the boat doesn't perform as well as it did,i'm still gonna try to fine tune it,wasn't looking for more speed just low water clearance.

red rocker fan
    Thats all im looking for is low water.Where at in Blythe? We have our 5th wheel at the Riveria. right off the 10 FRY. We hang out in goose flats with our kids.

votech
    we are above you in hidden beaches. south of you it's all sand past mcintyres all the way past walters,so no worry about touching bottom

red rocker fan
    My parents have a trailer at hidden beaches. Nice park. The boat ramp sucks but nice area.

votech
    yea the ramp does suck, sometimes we gotta pull out at mayflower. what space # your parents in?

red rocker fan
    I think its space 12 its the two trailers in the back to the east an that sit along the road by them selfs. Theres a green trailer an the white trailers my parents. Thay just bought it last summer.

votech
    i think i know where your talking about. were you around up here over the summer? think i saw your boat on the river?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast