Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CHP gave me a ticket today. :(

Phat Matt
    I got popped for speeding on I-10. Was I speeding? Yeah, I was going over 65. He wrote me up for 85 though. I was going about 75, maybe 80 for a short time. I was driving my Excursion that I don't drive that fast because it's so big. Then he wrote me for my tinted windows, and another one because I couldn't find my proof of insurance. I could only find the last 2 years. I do have proof in their somewhere. I was taking my sister and her baby to the airport. They almost missed their flight because I was pulled over.
    I saw him behind me and was trying to get out of his way, because they do that all the time and pass me. I couldn't get over because their were cars on my right, then he lit me up.
    This sucks. My brother in law is a cop, I have lots of cop friends, and I handle the CHP's advertising. I didn't tell him that but it just sucks. Now before I get flamed, if you do 65 on the freeway here in SoCal you get ran over. Looks like I'll be paying and doing some traffic school. Oh, I also like how he checked to make sure I had a front plate. That could have been another infraction.

MagicMtnDan
    That sucks Matt. Did you lift your truck and, if you did, did you recalibrate your speedo? Otherwise you might have been going faster than you think

Kilrtoy
    $561 for no proof of ins........OUCH
    It is up to the judge if he wants to dismiss that portion

Riverkid
    I just got one last week in Temecula. Said I made an illegal lane change on surface streets 3 miles back, but hey, look at that window tint. Also got me for no front plate... Hello, traffic school?

Phat Matt
    That sucks Matt. Did you lift your truck and, if you did, did you recalibrate your speedo? Otherwise you might have been going faster than you think
    The speedo is off by 5 mph. 70 is really 75. The officer said my speedo is off by 10 mph. I have checked it on the gps and it is 5. Because of the bigger tires I get a little shake at higher speeds. That is one reason I don't drive it that fast. That is why I don't think I was doing 85.
    Does anyone know if 10 or 20 mph over the posted makes any difference?

Phat Matt
    $561 for no proof of ins........OUCH
    It is up to the judge if he wants to dismiss that portion
    I could only find the last 2 years. I was more concerned with getting my sister to the airport. I figured that would get thrown out since I do have it.

Phat Matt
    I just got one last week in Temecula. Said I made an illegal lane change on surface streets 3 miles back, but hey, look at that window tint. Also got me for no front plate... Hello, traffic school?
    The tint really does make a difference in the Havasu heat.

Ziggy
    Its been well documented in the media that they are cracking down on speed big time...........and they now use radar on most Interstates.
    I have to thank you Matt for not denying, those threads are lame.
    Tint might be a $20 admin fee for fix-it ticket, and likely the Insur. deal will be dropped if proof it was valid on ticket date....
    And like it seems to you, they tend to find the least opertune time to pull you over

Riverkid
    The tint really does make a difference in the Havasu heat.
    Havasu? What about Corona in the middle of summer! H-O-T. It's not limo, but the drivers windows and the windshield band are illegal. Mike's Tint Shop will redo it for free (I bought that deal when they did the windows six months ago)...

Jrocket
    Was it Officer Steiner?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast