Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CHP gave me a ticket today. :(

Kilrtoy
    T
    Does anyone know if 10 or 20 mph over the posted makes any difference?
    No difference
    1-5
    6-24
    25Plus

Kilrtoy
    Was it Officer Steiner?
    That is not even funny......

DCBDaytona
    I hate to generalize....but I hate CHP and think they are useless.

Excessive Force
    The speedo is off by 5 mph. 70 is really 75. The officer said my speedo is off by 10 mph. I have checked it on the gps and it is 5. Because of the bigger tires I get a little shake at higher speeds. That is one reason I don't drive it that fast. That is why I don't think I was doing 85.
    Does anyone know if 10 or 20 mph over the posted makes any difference?
    Get yourself a true speed $180 and wont have to guess your speed anymore and be done with it!

Kilrtoy
    Are you sure? I got one of those a few years ago because I didn't have it with me. I went to court, showed the judge my insurance card that proved I had insurance when I was pulled over and I had to pay a $10 or $20 administration fee. That was the only citation I received that day and I'm sure it was less than $20 because I paid it in cash.
    Hence the BOLD words,
    Yes, it can get reduced to just a few bucks, at the judges discretion

Excessive Force
    actually the a-hole girlscout freeway cookie seller could have checked the box to make it a 'fix it' ticket. i got a ticket for lack of proof of insurance awhile back and he checked the box i paid 10 bux and it was done. your gonna pay, how much thru the nose only the judge knows

Throttle
    depending upon the way the officer wrote the tint... correctable or not... it may only cost $10 or $15 for admin fee. then $15 to have them sign it off and whatever it costs to take it off.
    traffic school $53
    a day with a retired cop that rambles on all day, priceless...

JackieV
    WOW! Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you were just the pick of the day though.

Kilrtoy
    Won't a judge normally reduce it if you actually had insurance when you were stopped?
    in almost every case yes, but what do I know

JetBoatRich
    Its been well documented in the media that they are cracking down on speed big time...........and they now use radar on most Interstates.

They were all over the 10 today seen two CHP bikes using radar on the right side of the freeway :yuk:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast