Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CHP gave me a ticket today. :(

Cole Trickle
    My better half got a 80 in a 65 coming down the pass in to Cochella last time out.
    He also wrote us for no lic. plate and window tint.
    Funny thing is he came back to the car and said he was writing us for the above fractions plus no insurance...I said sir I handed that to you 2 minutes ago and you said OK and gve it back.He said no I didn't so I pulled it out along with a business card and asked if he would take a verbal verification since I am the agent on the account.(He suddenly remembered the ID card)
    He was a nice guy overall.
    What I thought was weird was that he said he didn't get us on radar and paced us at 75mph.Yet he wrote us for 80mph and said he was giving us a break???(He saw us from the opposite side of the freeway)
    We took it and smailed because we had been going much faster than 80 between Desert Center and Chiraco.
    I believe due to the location we are eligible for online traffic school.

Phat Matt
    Get yourself a true speed $180 and wont have to guess your speed anymore and be done with it!
    I don't have to guess. It IS off by 5mph.

Phat Matt
    Insurance will be $10 when you bring in proof you actually had it.
    Yes, the next fine bracket starts at 20mph over.
    I did have it and it is within easy reach in my truck now.

Phat Matt
    Toples................ Your gonna get him in trouble................ Matt if you do this..................... Be sure to use crayon
    What color does he normally use?
    http://magneticframes.com/lytle/imag...on/crayon3.jpg

SANDBAGGER
    Does anyone know if 10 or 20 mph over the posted makes any difference?
    In my experience's, 20+ equals NO SCHOOL, and can be handles as a criminal offence.

Phat Matt
    In my experience's, 20+ equals NO SCHOOL, and can be handles as a criminal offence.
    Great. I drove into LA last night and drove like I normally do and I really don't think I ever reached 85. I need to get my tires balanced again and it starts to shake a little at 80 so I never get to that point.

SANDBAGGER
    What color does he normally use?
    http://magneticframes.com/lytle/imag...on/crayon3.jpg
    all at once i'm sure. :rollside:

NuckinFutz
    Matt, I don't doubt your GPS, but check it at different speeds as tires will change the speed throughout the range. A 10% bigger tire will be 10% higher speed at whatever speed- 40 mph on speedo= 44 on GPS, 80 mph on speedo makes 88 on GPS etc. I know alot of people who have checked it at say 50 and see 5 off and believe that is what it is off on all speeds. Just a piece of information, not saying you haven't already realized that, just some don't.

Phat Matt
    Matt, I don't doubt your GPS, but check it at different speeds as tires will change the speed throughout the range. A 10% bigger tire will be 10% higher speed at whatever speed- 40 mph on speedo= 44 on GPS, 80 mph on speedo makes 88 on GPS etc. I know alot of people who have checked it at say 50 and see 5 off and believe that is what it is off on all speeds. Just a piece of information, not saying you haven't already realized that, just some don't.
    I hear you there but we checked it this weekend at different speeds coming back from the Salton Sea. I don't have super huge tires. They are just 35's on a 4x4 Ford Excursion.

NuckinFutz
    Looks like you already did your homework, I'll send you a star to put on your forehead seeing you are a good student. Sorry about the citation, just trying to help you and any others out in the future. By the way, if you make it to Utah, holler and a rounds on me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast