Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Melenoma, some fatal stuff;

purrfecttremor
    I run with My top down as I had one break a few years ago [wasn't pretty] but it goes up as soon as We get to point b where ever the puck that is!:Oh Yea My whole Family wear good glasses.

Flying Tiger
    The Girlfriend read my post on Melonoma, and all the responses from the kind readers in the West forum.
    She wanted to add that history in ones life adds to the likelyhood of contracting this deadly cancer too. A BFD she tells me.
    "Most that contract it were active in the sun in their teens" she says. So ,, all the more reason to keep exposure under control.
    Especially those with light hair, or red hair,, but it can attack anyone.
    90% fatal,, and the 10% survival is if caught early, and quick treatment in a specialty shop that is on the ball.
    From the bottom of ones hooves to the top of your mellon,, ya check and get a biopsy/scan immediately if a mole or any blemish suddenly shows up.
    BTW:
    I asked her about the link between eating meat and breast cancer in women because it almost took my sisters life.
    "No link at all, a fairytale" she tells me.

chrissy
    I just had a very good friend of mine tell me she went to the doctor and had some blood work done recently. The Dr. told her her calcium levels were high and that's a cancer indicator. Does your g/f have any knowledge of this? I have never heard that before and I am very worried now

Flying Tiger
    I just had a very good friend of mine tell me she went to the doctor and had some blood work done recently. The Dr. told her her calcium levels were high and that's a cancer indicator. Does your g/f have any knowledge of this? I have never heard that before and I am very worried now
    I'll ask her all about that tonight and get right back.

Flying Tiger
    Her reply:
    Advanced Body Scan, 20311 S. W. Acacia St. Suite 140 Newport Beach. 1-866-BODYSCAN. It'll be about $600, and it's quick & painless, and the doctor tells you right away your results. It's good for detecting all cancers except Ovarian, since those tumors are small seeds of metastatic tissue spread all over the body. For that, have her ask her regular doctor for a CEA or CA11 blood test.
    Could be just osteoporosis.
    (The above is a cut and paste from an IM from my squeeze)
    The above facinates me.
    Read it again,, cancer can be detected from a scan??
    Whodathunkit??
    I figured lab tests, cutting, bloodwork,, surgery, biopsies,,, ect ect,,,
    Damn,, ain't technology nice?

chrissy
    Thanks for that info I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it's nothing. I'll let her know about the body scan. I actually know someone who had a scan and found his heart problem said it was the best investment he ever got back cuz it saved his life.

Flying Tiger
    Decided to drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas this past week.
    My Girlfriend took 3 weeks off from work to be by my bedside to nurse me through a recovery from very brutal surgery on my nose and eyes.
    She was an angel to me. Me laying there in bed with my eyes stitched shut,, nose in a cast,, I was a mess.
    (I now have a Reese Witherspoon nose, and Joan Rivers eyes, actually aren't bad on a guy.)
    OK: I decided to take the GF to 'Vegas for a gift for this kind help.
    We drove my new Honda s2000 sports car rather than book a flite. The S2000 is a teriffic car, but after about 2 hours, the seats start to hurt like murder. I suggest the BMW roadster if you plan long trips in a car like this. The BMW quiter, more comfortable ride and seats, and new for '06 a rumored supermotor w/vvt from BMW.
    The Krauts have perfected the convertable. Sitting in the BMW, one can't tell they're in a ragtop. Quiet too when underway, and the top will lower/raise faster than the traffic signal can change. All a BFD, especially from a country that only has August and winter
    Top down in the s2000 some of the way (the GF with her SPF 50 on), top up most of the way because we averaged 80 mph and kept up with traffic often exceeding 90 to 100MPH ( I goosed it to 130+ MPH a couple of times with ease).
    We stayed at the Golden Gate Hotel on Fremont street.
    Small but cozy, very clean, old charm with a piano player in the lounge area that can be heard throught the lobby level.
    Easy vallet parking, a few steps to the quick check in, a few more to the lift, and then a few feet to our 80 year old room (book the rear of the hotel because the racket from the "Fremont Street Experience".)
    We like to eat at the Golden Nugget next door, and gamble at the Las Vegas Club directly across.
    We went to see the Blue Man Group,, which I understand one can see in just about any major city today.
    The show was $87 US each plus all kinds of taxes.
    Blue man group was awsum for my girlfriend. She is one of those kind, tireless attractive girls who's last boyfriend never did anything with her,, just got drunk and spent lots of her money and yelled at her. But that's another post for a different forum.
    I thought the Blue man Group just ok,, but good fun, and it meant more to me that the girlfriend loved it. I treat this girl like royalty.
    Dinner was later at Lawrys, the Prime Rib. ($50 per person US + drinks, we didn't drink any booze) .
    We had a romantic, cozy corner booth in an awsum 'old money" atmosphere.
    Prime Rib at Lawrys will spoil you,, you'll never be satisfied with Prime Rib anyplace else again.
    The girlfriend asked me to be her boyfriend,, and (as luck and good timing would have it) I pulled out and
    gave the new girlfriend a 1kt Tanzanite stone mounted on a 14kt white gold ring dripping with diamonds.
    The Casanova is ruining his image being nice to girls,,, but love is creeping into my iron clapsed heart, and painfull weakness is setting in.
    This kinda stuff is hard for guys,, we're wired differen't than girls,, it hurts,, love hurts for guys,, girls just soak it up..
    It was an awsum show and dinner (supper).
    The evening in Las Vegas was warm last week,, so after dinner we dropped the top of the s2000 and drove down the Las Vegas Strip. Exciteing with the top down. People on the street and groups in other cars mixing it up with us with humor and good cheer as we slowly drifted down the strip.
    The GF flashed for beads. Proves my point that highly educated or barely made it through High School, all girls get nasty.
    Nothing like a cute chick with perky boobs flashing.
    She could be a head of staff on a major medical team, or just got fired from K Mart. What an erotic thought,,,
    Up early Sunday morning, buffet at the Golden Nugget,, then back home traffic flirting in the high 80 MPH most the way on the 15.
    Fun trip driving to LV,, but long and I recomend a flite for travelers,, or the BMW roadster for long trips.
    Our net winnings were about $14.

coolchange
    Sounds like a killer time! I had a girlfriend like that a long time ago. I came up with cancer less than a year after we started dating. It was tuff but she hung with me through the illness. She was my GF for a few years after that but that had to end. Dec 29th is our 15th wedding anniversary.

Got home from a nice Thanksgiving weekend and saw this thread. I'm 57 years old,--Aug. 2002 diagnosed with Melanoma...Stage I, Clarks level III. A mole 1/4 size of an eraser. Sept 2002 went to surgery-came out with an 8" incision on my left shoulder blade --still have it---still alive...LUCKLY my Daughter, a registered nurse, saw it---didn"t like the way it looked. I have olive skin, and have had enough Sun for 50 people. Trust me --I've boned up on the subject--It'll kill you and now!!----Next time you see me --I'll be in an orange and white 1987 19ft Spectra V-Drive on the river with a long sleeve sunbrella shirt and a Panama hat................Steve

Flying Tiger
    There it is,, Glad to read you dodged a bullet too Steve,,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast