Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Olds Article in ***boat

Aluminum Squirt
    Timinator, excellent Olds article. I'm not even an Olds guy but it is nice to know about. On your pump article can you maybe include some white water stuff. I know its a very small audience but there are some crazy pumps out there on white water boats. A picture or two of the steel nozzle's we run would be cool, as well as some discussion on the intake pressures we can obtain with only a spoon. I totally understand if it doesn't make your article, there are only a few of us on the boards, but all the fiberglass guys seem to like our hardware and be interrested in the aluminum boats. I'm pretty far from being a knowledgable aluminum boat guy but if you need any resources, I can guide you in the right direction-Aluminum Squirt

SmokinLowriderSS
    Of course Ronco never has trouble 396, the only person he allows to wrench on his ride is Don, who is of course the most perfect pump man the world has ever known (I think I got that right). He won't even allow himself to touch a tool (except a man-tool). Don was good enough to show Ron how to work the key switch tho (and the gas cap). That way Don could quit going to the lake/river with him and actually get work done.
    If Ron lived close enough, the only motor guru he'd allow to wrench would be Tim of course, there are nothing but lessers and hacks compared to Timm. Don just has to sub for now I guess. Lucky you Timm.
    I've been wondering when Ronco would re-appear. :220v: I expected him to be poster #2 on this thread (if not lead). Musta been hanging out at DPS more lately. it is spring anyhow.

txboatnut
    any chance of getting the article?

cave
    Tim if this keeps up I may have to re-subscribe.

Wild Bill
    Just an FYI for Olds guys that may not know. RobbMc Performance Products makes 110gph and 220gph mechanical fuel pumps as well as mini starters and other products for Olds and other "less popular" engines. Good guys to deal with, great customer service. I have no connection other than being a customer.
    http://www.robbmcperformance.com/

Taylorman
    Thats the pump i have on mine. Works great. Its the only hi volume pump available for the olds.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Just an FYI for Olds guys that may not know. RobbMc Performance Products makes 110gph and 220gph mechanical fuel pumps as well as mini starters and other products for Olds and other "less popular" engines. Good guys to deal with, great customer service. I have no connection other than being a customer.
    http://www.robbmcperformance.com/
    Oh just wait Wild Bill. A couple more props like that for someone and you'll be listed as either an employee, a cheerleader, or just a suckazz. :crossx: It's not usually personal, it's just the crowd. :argue:
    Welcome WB, and thx for the info.

Taylorman
    So there i was last night with my Hot Boat magazine as my guide. I drilled and tapped the back of my heads for external drain lines last night. The article had the measurements to exactly where to drill the hole and it was dead on.

Nicked prop
    I was hoping for more detailed info -- rod and main clearances for the crank, valve guide clearances, etc. Maybe next time.

Taylorman
    Tim. The article said you ream the oil return holes 3/32. Does this mean you drill them out 3/32 larger to 15/32? I was looking at that last night and i wanted to make sure before i did it, 15/32 seems pretty big. Did not want to drill into water or oil passages.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123