Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worlds Fastest Jet boat...

Sweet! So that means if I swap an old 427 with some ugly zoomies into my sidewinder, I'm looking at close to 80MPH right? (j/k)
    Well there's a hugh down side to running one of those 16s above 80, they tend to bow steer when you let off the gas, spin out of control and throw the drivers through the side of the hull. I'm serious.
    That's where the next phase of bottom development came from, and that was done by Roger Weiman with his boats which up to that time were mainly Tahiti bottomed hulls. He took off the deep entry up front on that bottom, redesigned the stringers, made the hull a little longer and THAT became the best 18 foot jet hull ever built. Flat deck or bubble deck, none finer. :wink:
    ugly zoomies? I kinda like 'em. lol

Heatseeker
    OR, it doesn't matter how many times I read your history lessons, it always makes for facinating reading. I've been saving some of it to the hard drive. Maybe I'll write a book someday... :rollside: !

Squirtin Thunder
    From what year to what year Tahiti are you talking about ???

What does that mean? What are you talking about?

I've been saving some of it to the hard drive. Maybe I'll write a book someday... :rollside: !
    Now that would be cool!

Heatseeker
    We could collaborate...

There's lots of guys around from those days, but they're gettin old. Their history should be saved with video interviews and so on. Kind of like what was done with the early hot rod guys about 10-15 years ago. There were tons of books published about them (I have most of 'em too, and they're great. lots of pictures, stories...) with intervies from the original guys. Most have passed on since.
    As far as a project about boats, I'm up for that if your serious. We should hook up. A dvd would be cool. Home movies opf racing and boating, pictures, interviews.....that's be great.

maxwedge
    Awesome idea. I was just thinking you guys should do a book or video or History Channel mini-series or something. I would even be glad to tape it for you, except for you except, I'm in the frozen snowy wasteland of IL lol

Squirtin Thunder
    Well there's a hugh down side to running one of those 16s above 80, they tend to bow steer when you let off the gas, spin out of control and throw the drivers through the side of the hull. I'm serious.
    That's where the next phase of bottom development came from, and that was done by Roger Weiman with his boats which up to that time were mainly Tahiti bottomed hulls. He took off the deep entry up front on that bottom, redesigned the stringers, made the hull a little longer and THAT became the best 18 foot jet hull ever built. Flat deck or bubble deck, none finer. :wink:
    ugly zoomies? I kinda like 'em. lol
    What does that mean? What are you talking about?

ST,
    You need to learn to read.
    I clearly said ROGER WEIMAN took that bottom and re-did it for his boats, not Tahiti.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast