Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Boat damage (not pretty)

Nucking futs
    what i can tell, is that once you get above the parquet floor in mine, it was choppered, especially the cap seam, and around the pod. don't know about under the deck, but the nose is very heavy empty.
    The only way it would of been choppered was for the owner to have it done himself. SW never owned a chopper gun.
    I agree that a lighter version of the SWTD and P/C would be strong contenders in todays racing. I would love a C/F kevlar SWTD, or a place craft.

bp
    well, we've kinda chatted about this a time or two. you should know how i feel about the boat i have; it ain't goin nowhere ...
    but, i didn't chopper it although i've only owned it since '96. i know the names of the previous owners, but have never been able to find them. but the point really was, this is a very heavy boat, considering what it competes against, either river wise or track wise. materials available today, in addition to c/v and kevlar, can be used to build an exceptionally strong boat without the weight. the question is more along the lines of how much weight is enough.
    btw, i have no use for a placecraft. for me, it's swtd. give up your fuel talk; put a pc next to me, same hull weight and same hp, and let's see what happens.

TIMINATOR
    Talk about evolution!!!! Didn't this thread have something to do with Dan's boat coming apart? TIMINATOR

No biggy. I pretty much got the answers I was looking for back on page 1. It's brought about some interesting conversation and I'm enjoying learning more stuff, as always.
    Thanks to those that have offered advice, assistance etcetra. The boat sits patiently in the garage waiting on my lazy ass to do something with it.

bp
    No biggy. I pretty much got the answers I was looking for back on page 1. It's brought about some interesting conversation and I'm enjoying learning more stuff, as always.
    Thanks to those that have offered advice, assistance etcetra. The boat sits patiently in the garage waiting on my lazy ass to do something with it.
    dandandan... i thot you fixt that thing a page and a half ago... c'mon man.. time ta get crackin!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Talk about evolution!!!! Didn't this thread have something to do with Dan's boat coming apart? TIMINATOR
    What does potatoe chip have to do with this? just curious bud....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Well said timinator....looks like it's time for 396 to put his foot in his mouth. For what reason he has a problem with you? The sonic tester is a little much but to each his own right? Looks like your on top of your game.
    Put your foot in your own mouth bro. I was just curious to see what he is doing different than others that are running.I happent to own an 87 kachina boat and its solid! I have 2x6 stringers and it takes a good beating. I take pics at all the races just to see good hardware and get ideas. If someone asks what I did to my boat I would tell them. There is no secret here! Its about helping others. Fast boats are one thing but a good driver is another. A $hitty driver can drive a fast boat slower than its potential.........
    In all, There is no problem with tim, I am just curious........

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    396; ya can bag on my equipment all you want. I run a successful High-Perf. business, and have for many years, the equipment is top notch, and I own a lot of specialty equipment that most shops don't have. We do much work for other shops in AZ.,we are the principal machine shop for several specialty internet companies too, they act like they are going to do the work and farm it out to us, they then mark up the price and most of you never know who actually did the job. Keep in mind when you go to your favorite pump guy that calls himself an engine builder, where is his engine machining equipment? TIMINATOR
    Where did I bag on your equipment??? I am just curious to see what you do. I am learning and love new ideas. I have halped alot of local boater make thier boats run faster and never charged them. i do it because its a passion for me. As far as shops, I deal with bergeron marine. They do all of thier own stuff from polishing,rigging,outdrive,jets,ss boats,bottoms, and thier OWN machining(2 cnc's). Oh and did I mention that they have great customer service. The only thing that they dint do is thier own motor machining. They sent me to rpm engine developement and they kick ass. Everything that they told me was 100% true. Phil and his crew always have helped me 100%. They have also loaned me tools that were very exspensive to do my own work. Take it how you want becuase I didnt dogg you. I have spoken to you before on the phone and you told me that alot of pump builders dont know that much and thier "equipment is out dated". To me thats not right but I never passed judgement on you. If thats true then why are they building proven winning boats? Some people dogg duane @ hi-tech for some odd reason. personally Duane is a very great guy and very honest. He has answered alot of my questions on the phone and I havent spent a penny with him! you can ask him questions and he gives you straight up answers. Thats what I call customer service
    Now back with our local braodcasting

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678