Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Palm tree experts out there?

Ziggy
    I'm wondering about splitting a threesome of King Palms into individual trees. Can it be done without shocking the poor tree to death and what's the best way to go about it?
    Thanks.....

ROZ
    I'm wondering about splitting a threesome of King Palms into individual trees. Can it be done without shocking the poor tree to death and what's the best way to go about it?
    Thanks.....
    I have killed quite a few expensive palms. I can help. How mature? Is it a true cluster or 3 trees simply planted together?
    My latest kill was a 16yr old Howea Fosterna. :cry:

1Shockwaveguy
    They will most likely die if you try to split them

THOR
    Kings dont like to be transplanted let alone split up. DONT DO IT.

ROZ
    Kings dont like to be transplanted let alone split up. DONT DO IT.
    They are usually a solitary tree and don't normally cluster.
    Any type of transplatation of this tree should be done early in the tree's life.

SummitKarl
    dude you can HAVE all 5 of my 40's

ROZ
    dude you can HAVE all 5 of my 40's
    You have 5 40 gallon Kings at your house waiting for Ziggy to pickup for FREE?
    Are those Alexandrea or Cunningham ?
    Getum Zig!

Ziggy
    They are usually a solitary tree and don't normally cluster.
    Any type of transplatation of this tree should be done early in the tree's life.
    I bought them that way, 3 shoots. Tip of tallest frawn is maybe 6 foot. Stumps not much more than 3 or so inches in diameter. I'm just thinking ahead when they grow older/bigger that the location may not be good for all three together. Plus they're expensive and if the cheapskate part of me can save a buck and have a couple extra palms, hey, why not
    I'll see if any more viable comments pop in here or not.
    Karl, no thanks on those. Them just be rat nest holders. Kings are clean and self pruning. Looking to lessen my yardwork

ROZ
    I bought them that way, 3 shoots. Tip of tallest frawn is maybe 6 foot. Stumps not much more than 3 or so inches in diameter. I'm just thinking ahead when they grow older/bigger that the location may not be good for all three together. Plus they're expensive and if the cheapskate part of me can save a buck and have a couple extra palms, hey, why not
    I'll see if any more viable comments pop in here or not.
    Karl, no thanks on those. Them just be rat nest holders. Kings are clean and self pruning. Looking to lessen my yardwork
    So he has Mexican fan or California fan ?

AZKC
    Took a chain saw to my 2 palms last year one was about 50ft the other around 60ft. Nasty dirty pains in the arse :yuk: Then all the frigin baby palms that sprout up all over. Thats a whole nother battle :220v: Don't even get me started on Palo Verde trees. :yuk: :yuk:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast