Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE US Navy's Secret ***boat

Froggystyle
    I guarantee anyone stationed on board a ship that is more protected from anti ship missles will disagree about how ugly it is.
    Form follows function. Stealth fighters are pretty "ugly" too, but there is a certain functional element to beauty that has to be considered. I am pretty sure the Stealth crews that were absolutely undetected by Iraqi radar have a different view of the beauty of the plane...

Keith E. Sayre
    We have a customer who is working on the computer system for the Phalanx
    (sp??) guns for ships. They shoot 4500 rounds per minute and ships have them mounted all over ready to go. In the event of a missile attack, the
    logic is to fill the air with big bullets and shoot it down before it gets to the
    ship. These guns are water cooled! The bullets are armor piercing and I can't remember what's inside of them but it sounded real nasty! Now that's what I call "ugly" the American way!
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    928-680-1400

Froggystyle
    (sp??) guns for ships. They shoot 4500 rounds per minute and ships have them mounted all over ready to go. In the event of a missile attack, the
    logic is to fill the air with big bullets and shoot it down before it gets to the
    ship. These guns are water cooled! The bullets are armor piercing and I can't remember what's inside of them but it sounded real nasty! Now that's what I call "ugly" the American way!
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    928-680-1400
    They called that the C.I.W.S. system, or "Close In Weapons System". Otherwise non-affectionately known as "Captain, It Won't Shoot!"
    Any advantage we can gain as a big grey target over the Exocet and Silkworm we will take.

Sleek-Jet
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    928-680-1400
    Depleated uranium....
    Read Ben Rich's "Skunk Works". Interesting view on the Navy and Stealth technology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12