Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Unions Just Suck!!!

framer1
    Framers? I see very little framing on real carpentry jobs. Many scab 7-eleven jobs are framing jobs. Again, I am referring to large commercial jobs which non-union guys arent on.
    What the heck are you talking about. A framer can frame anything. House, commercial building it doesn't matter. Unless of course if you can't read a set of plans it could make it a little tougher

THOR
    What the heck are you talking about. A framer can frame anything. House, commercial building it doesn't matter. Unless of course if you can't read a set of plans it could make it a little tougher
    You are right. A framer can frame. That is it.

framer1
    You are right. A framer can frame. That is it.
    Now that we got that staighten out, what's up with my maid went to USC Just joking, i'm a big SC fan and I have some money riding on the SC- texas game.

Charley
    You are way too logical to be in this thread Charley. Go back to C&T.
    thanks... I think??
    I guess it's completely unfair to blanket how all unions operate and I agree they differ one to the other. I don't condemn all Unions, I can only look at some of the decisions they make and wonder if they are stiff arming whats truly fair. I am feeling a little biased because of personal situation I was merely a bystander too recently. I was on a job where a Union steward just refused to partially cut his crew even though the work was done. In my business It is standard practice to get the bulk of the work done, then shave back to a skeleton crew for the clean up work..... this union rep wanted to keep his crew on to make a meal deal or whatever... and refused my client what was fair and resonable. Then he proceeded to chew out my client(an extremely important person in my industry) for even asking for the cut and all in front of a good portion of the crew!!
    Well here is the interesting part, and it echoes some of the recent GM/Union woes...we were in a building that has been a little slow on work lately....In fact they are trying to create a new "easier to work with image", then this occurs..... Well the guy that got refused and chewed has a fair amount of pull on whether to bring business back into this building... How do you think he is feeling about that concept? It's just ironic how something like a "Union Rule" or "Way of doing things" will shoot themselves in the foot on occasion. Instead of flexing and offering a fair solution it's the Union way or the highway... well I think and hope those days are over. The supermarkets proved an interesting point, and I wonder if the Tide isn't turning.
    I want to be perfectly clear here, I do not dislike Unions, I believe them to be an important part of keeping things fair for the workers. I do however disagree when a Union continues to push and bully the wages/benefits to the point where a company can't compete in a thier market and even worse survive in that market. My (logical?) Rant is over, God Bless America for giving me the freedom to participate in an open discussion here on a site that has bikini wearing babes too

THOR
    Now that we got that staighten out, what's up with my maid went to USC Just joking, i'm a big SC fan and I have some money riding on the SC- texas game.
    How many points you giving up? If it is still 6 or 7, I think you'll be just fine. Actually, if you could tease it down to even, you'll be even better.

framer1
    How many points you giving up? If it is still 6 or 7, I think you'll be just fine. Actually, if you could tease it down to even, you'll be even better.
    I was in Vegas in Aug. and I bet a hundred that SC would win the national title again. It pays 220 for the hundred and that would be staight up. I'm sure I will be making other bets before it is all said and done.

Biglue
    If they really were mob related that dude as you call him would have disappeared. Maybe he drives a better car than you because he has a better job than you, or maybe he gets paid what he's worth :boxed:
    Dude you have no clue.
    This dude was a focking wreck. Could not live life the way you and I do. YOu have to cantact him through a string of phone message centers. He really did live like a TV movie spy seriously. I have no reason to make this up.

rivercrazy
    Unions in general have put such a chokehold on our economy that it makes it almost impossible for manufacturers and capital intensive servicers to stay in business. Any then everyone wonders why jobs are going overseas. If your not competitive with your competition you dead. Unions are job killers in the long run. Were seeing bonefide proof of this right now.

chub
    Every week I reply to bids that require me to pay $28/hour to techs that can do the job for $15/hour....
    Why would a "tech" want to do a job for 15/hour instead of 28?

little rowe boat
    There are some unions that work in conjunction with their management,
    Oh.................and there are some bargaining units that are forbidden by LAW to strike. Some unions are crooks but some are not. PHUCK the scab folk.
    ILL TRAINED=ILL PREPARED!!!!!!!
    Amen to that brother.