Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Build a K-Boat.

72 superlite
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...6/1099k_67.jpg Looked like this, minus the wing, the blown motor, and the driver. it now has a bbc with a single carb, logs and over the transom pipes. I will get some current pictures of it. I told the guy I would bring him the video and pictures I have from back in the day, so I'll get some shots then.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...6/1099k_67.jpg Looked like this, minus the wing, the blown motor, and the driver. it now has a bbc with a single carb, logs and over the transom pipes. I will get some current pictures of it. I told the guy I would bring him the video and pictures I have from back in the day, so I'll get some shots then.
    The only pics I've ever seen were with the wing. I was hoping to see some current pics.

boatguy222
    Rick,
    This is the only picture of that boat I have seen. It's the one that was in Hot Boat 3 or so years ago when they did a story on Leonard.
    If you look at that page the boat in the lower right, K-51, is the one my old man rigged back in the day. Kool stuff!

CircleJerk
    Not following ya big guy......you have a video headed your way, will you explain to these dudes how cool it is for a bunch of banjo players!!?? Where's K51?

CircleJerk
    The only pics I've ever seen were with the wing. I was hoping to see some current pics.
    I understand that this was one of the most potent circle race teams of the times but how did he get used to the ribbing he must have taken for all the flowers?? That's one ugly boat and the wing looks like it came from Don Garlits scrap pile! There I said it! Maybe now he'll come to one of our races to punch my lights out. Signed: The jErKiZoid
    PS Hey I have a wing uglier than that, anyone want to recreate this Nostalgic boat? Dossanger needs competition he can beat!

boatguy222
    Not following ya big guy......you have a video headed your way, will you explain to these dudes how cool it is for a bunch of banjo players!!?? Where's K51?
    Boyd,
    It's not that hard, go to your old pile of Hot Boat Magazines, find the July of 2002 copy, go the page 60. It should say Leonard Schiada at the top of the page. You will see Rick's picture of the K-67 boat. the picture below and to the right is K-51, Classis Schiada flatbottom checker board gelcoat. There was raceboats before they made Lavey-Crafts.

RaysonKid
    Jerk,
    Don Dew was big enough and cool enough to have the flowers on two boats.
    His driving pretty much shut up any of the ribbing...

CircleJerk
    Heard a story about Washington circle racers Supposedly Mr. Jones had been working all night on the SS400 (might be the wrong boat #) and he fell asleep in the shop late at night. Along came the race crew who loaded up the boat and tools and left him there sleeping....When the sun awoke Mr Jones he rushed by car to the race site and met Don at an intersection in his fancy big car. Dont know what was said by Don but I remember it wasnt a compliment. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks like maybe his crew who stole the boat!

72 superlite
    I understand that this was one of the most potent circle race teams of the times but how did he get used to the ribbing he must have taken for all the flowers?? That's one ugly boat and the wing looks like it came from Don Garlits scrap pile! There I said it! Maybe now he'll come to one of our races to punch my lights out. Signed: The jErKiZoid
    PS Hey I have a wing uglier than that, anyone want to recreate this Nostalgic boat? Dossanger needs competition he can beat!
    Don't know Boyd, how do you take the ribbing having a boat that has a trunk, bowlight, drinking fountain and is red white blue and pink?????? And when amongst those flowers are the words WORLD RECORD HOLDER, that really cuts down on the ribbing. Boatguy 222, my understanding is, this is the same boat you saw run as an ss, they redid it to make it a K boat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123