Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: adjustable cav plates?

Busby, how far was the motor from the transom?. I'm considering moving my engine forward. thanks!
    30" in that pic, never ran it there, but ran it at 28" for a long time ... I was trying to get the tail up/nose down ... it was a wild ride ...
    I ended up getting another safer boat to run that motor in ... v-bottom jets at anyting over 110 are scary IMO ...

lilrick
    30" in that pic, never ran it there, but ran it at 28" for a long time ... I was trying to get the tail up/nose down ... it was a wild ride ...
    I ended up getting another safer boat to run that motor in ... v-bottom jets at anyting over 110 are scary IMO ...
    I spoke to Jack McClure at MPD and he suggested I move the motor to 26" from the transom. So apparently it's not far off from where you were at. I know you only go straight ,but what do you think about that dimension in a circle race setup?thanks.

I spoke to Jack McClure at MPD and he suggested I move the motor to 26" from the transom. So apparently it's not far off from where you were at. I know you only go straight ,but what do you think about that dimension in a circle race setup?thanks.
    I think Jack is right ... 26" is a good starting place ... I started at (stock) 18" and ended up moving forward in 3 steps ... 22" - 26" - 28" ... made the 30" step ... but never finished putting it back together ...
    but the cav plates did help with side to side rock ... I would feel it when I made adjustments ... big time.
    Listen to Jack ... he'll do you right.

lilrick
    I think Jack is right ... 26" is a good starting place ... I started at (stock) 18" and ended up moving forward in 3 steps ... 22" - 26" - 28" ... made the 30" step ... but never finished putting it back together ...
    but the cav plates did help with side to side rock ... I would feel it when I made adjustments ... big time.
    Listen to Jack ... he'll do you right.
    cool...thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123