Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: You mean I'm not safe

future boater
    i dont know how you go a post between the two of mine but you did.

Thunderbutt
    It won't be long and the law will change to every one in a boat will have to ware an approved life jacket at all times. I'm glad I'm old enough not to see that.

MrHavasuCat
    Charley,
    Lifeline is out of Parker Az. I bought two a couple years ago and they were $450.00 each. I had them custom made to match the boat with the DCB logo sewn on them. I don't know how much just the common orange jackets from them cost. They are very nice jackets with leg straps and a colar that is designed to float you face up should you be knocked out.

Thunderbutt
    One of these days the law will say every one in the boat will have an approved life jacket on at all times. I'm old enough not to see that happen, and thank God

Costello
    Scott, I don't know Tom well personally, but Todd Plate (TAH 633) is a friend of mine and he and Dino Warda and the rest of the Blurred Vison gang are all close to Tom. I hope Tom will at least be able to come out and spectate this year. There is a link to a story about Tom on www.dragboats.com (http://www.dragboats.com) under Tidbits in the right hand column dated about 2-3 weeks ago if you want the details. Alan Zellar is also a buddy of mine from the races and a heck of a nice guy.
    [This message has been edited by Costello (edited January 14, 2002).]

FastCats
    Hi Thunderbutt,
    When I test anything over 100 I wear a Lifeline, until now anything under 100 I usually did not, ... but will now at anything over 80! I was at the last ***boat test and noticed Wilkes wearing a helmet and am now considering the same, especially in runs over 120.
    I only want to have myself and one other in the boat testing, until now it was my wife Aimee, an excellent navigator (constantly telling me where to go... in more ways than one) and is great with the radar, gps and gauge monitoring. After this weekend we have decided to change that and I will move someone else into the cockpit with me, ... for obvious reasons. (family) We also usually try to have another boat out with us, but thats tough sometimes.
    How'd you end up with your name, or should I ask?
    [This message has been edited by FastCats (edited January 14, 2002).]

Thunderbutt
    Fastcats, Thunderbutt is the name of my boat. I tell people that I named it after my wife but that isn't true. When I first started the motor the boat was in the garage and it was deafening, so the motor builder said name it Thunderbutt.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345