Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How can this teacher not be fired?

HM
    We need more teachers like this one..... She did a good thing not lying to those kids..... Screw the stupid parents that want their kids to be lied to...
    Eric
    You just got put on the naughty list, li'l mister. :boxed:

YeLLowBoaT
    It is very hard to get a teacher fired. Unless they touch a kid( hit/ sexual in some way)they can basicly do anything and not get fired.

Schmick
    I dont see the big deal, there isnt a Santa Claus, its not like the teacher was telling the kids lies. Next the teacher should say there is no such thing as god, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and the boogie man under the bed/int he closet

totenhosen
    Do you have any kids yourself? You must not be of Christian faith?
    I'm a Christian and I can't ever recall seeing or hearing about Santa Claus within the Church. The two having nothing to do with each other.

28Prowler525
    No Santa Clause :cry:

Waldo
    I tell my students that if they don't behave Santa is not coming to their house!!! :crossx: :crossx:

Biglue
    I'm a Christian and I can't ever recall seeing or hearing about Santa Claus within the Church. The two having nothing to do with each other.
    Christian realting to X-mas and Santa being part of IT. Personally We enjoy the whole santa deal with our kids. It's tradition like it or not.
    Now pull your panties out of the bunch they crawled into.

Schmick
    If youre going to contradict what their parents say, its best to have truth on your side

Havasu_Dreamin
    It's just another attack on the Christmas that we all knew as kids.
    I remember decorating the class and putting up placards of Santa Claus and Rudolph. Christmas shows at school with Silent Night and Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.
    In elementary school we even had a Santa's Shoppe to go and buy gifts from. Sure, the gifts were cheesy, but it was still in the spirit of Christmas.
    All of that is begin gradually taken away from the season in favor the Holidays and the like and it's sad.
    I don't have kids of my own, but I was in a situation for a few years where I was the father figure to a little girl and if her teacher had pulled this type of BS I would have been pissed. Yes, Santa does not exist, but c'mon, since when was it the teachers responsibility to tell kids that Santa is not real? Kids are only kids once and let them believe on these things as long as they want to. It serves absolutely no purpose to tell a child that Santa is not real. And to everyone that thinks it is terrible to lie to kids and go along with the existence of Santa until kids figure it out, get a clue, it aint hurting anyone.

Waldo
    It is very hard to get a teacher fired. Unless they touch a kid( hit/ sexual in some way)they can basicly do anything and not get fired.
    I've witnessed teachers getting fired/not rehired for less than that (unsatisfactory teaching/lack of communication skills). Don't put out blanket statements that aren't true for ALL teachers.
    Through training and continued education, I am legally able to prone students if they become a danger to themselves or others on campus. So should I be fired for touching a student???

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast