Thread: Is it possible for a gear drive to set up a

Blown 472
    harmonic at a certain rpm that would cause a miss?

GofastRacer
    Wow what kind of gear drive?????, never had or heard of that problem before??????..

Moneypitt
    I know that gear drives are not recomended for use on a "knock Sensor" equipted vehicle. They will fool the knock sensor into thinking you're detonating and retard the ignition timing.............other than that, No, not that I've ever heard of.........MP

Blown 472
    My buddy has a small block mopar that at 6400 rpm has a miss, as soon as you shift it will pull thru to 7k. He has replaced the valve springs, the dist, wires, plugs, ignition box, checked the wiring in the car, unhooked the alt and still has this issue. The gear drive is a milodon.

Moneypitt
    My buddy has a small block mopar that at 6400 rpm has a miss, as soon as you shift it will pull thru to 7k. He has replaced the valve springs, the dist, wires, plugs, ignition box, checked the wiring in the car, unhooked the alt and still has this issue. The gear drive is a milodon.
    Does it have a shift light tied into the tach? A rev limiter? Try disconecting the tach, as it seems everything else has been changed. Also, the way a SB dist is driven, you might consider the oil pump setting up some sort of wierd situation before the by pass opens.........MP

Blown 472
    Does it have a shift light tied into the tach? A rev limiter? Try disconecting the tach, as it seems everything else has been changed. Also, the way a SB dist is driven, you might consider the oil pump setting up some sort of wierd situation before the by pass opens.........MP
    I will pass that along, thanks :boxed: