Thread: Boat stereo shop in Austin area

4day!!
    My brother inlaw is moving to Austin (lakeway) next month. He is currently having a boat built in Havasu and wants to have the stereo done near his new home in Lakeway. Looking for a shop that specializes in boat systems. Probably looking to spen $3,500-$5,000. Maybe phone numbers and/or websites and a contact name.Any advice would be great.
    Thanks

R.A.D.man
    I like Custom Sounds. Several locations around. I do not know of anything real close to the lake. The Burnet store would be my suggestion.
    http://www.customsounds.com/

4day!!
    I like Custom Sounds. Several locations around. I do not know of anything real close to the lake. The Burnet store would be my suggestion.
    http://www.customsounds.com/
    thanks rad, looks like they do some nice fabricating. I know its not rocket science, but do you know if they have alot of experience with boats?

R.A.D.man
    I have not had boat work from them, but good fabrication on work in a 68 Camaro plus real clean work in a Yukon. They have been around for years and are in my opinion the best around here. I know they have done boats as I have seen them in, but never had a chance to check out what they did. Best friend of mine just had several thousand put into a 66 Mustang with some fabrication involved and he is extremely happy.
    I will find out a contact name for you at the Burnet store. The name I posted yesterday was incorrect, that guy is in operations now for them.
    How long is the boat in question?

4day!!
    I have not had boat work from them, but good fabrication on work in a 68 Camaro plus real clean work in a Yukon. They have been around for years and are in my opinion the best around here. I know they have done boats as I have seen them in, but never had a chance to check out what they did. Best friend of mine just had several thousand put into a 66 Mustang with some fabrication involved and he is extremely happy.
    I will find out a contact name for you at the Burnet store. The name I posted yesterday was incorrect, that guy is in operations now for them.
    How long is the boat in question?
    Thanks... it's a 28' Advantage victory, it should be done being built at the end of June. It just came out of the mold. It's a mid cabin/open bow. heres a pic fresh out of the mold
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...05_800x600.jpg

R.A.D.man
    That's a nice boat. I will get you that contact name next week. I think that will fit in their bays, they are drive through at the Burnet store if I remember correctly so that helps too. I suggest you talk to them about the boats size if you do call them in case they believe one of their other locations is better suited for the work.