Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clearance issues ski tow

I bought a ski tow from rex but I'm having clearance issues with it. when mounted it only has about 1/2" of clearance from the back of the boat and I'm afraid it will end up hitting. I found a picture of my boat about 10 years ago when my parents had it and the tow was pushed up closer to the manifold/dist where the one i got from rex places is way out toward the back. The tow in the pic almost looks like the top 2 bars mount to the intake manifold bolts... Anybody know where i can get something like this or a tow that is more vertical? or maybe somebody has a old school one they want to get ride of?

ck7684
    Do you have any pics? I am considering having a new ski tow made up for mine, perhaps I could make 2 of 'em...I know mine sits kinda close to the transom though because it goes up through an opening in the engine cover, but I think it's further than 1/2"...

Wicked Performance Boats
    The blower ski tow from Rex bolts up closer to the motor. Check that one out. Pat

Do you have any pics? I am considering having a new ski tow made up for mine, perhaps I could make 2 of 'em...I know mine sits kinda close to the transom though because it goes up through an opening in the engine cover, but I think it's further than 1/2"...
    No pics really of the tow installed, here are a few pics that show how close the motor is to the hull... my boat has a semi large "trunk"
    http://www.reitanfamily.com/gallery/...5/DSCF4431.JPG
    oh... i found one!! in this picture the ski tow looks to be maybe a inch or two away but it's not... Not to mention it looks stupid with the ski tow sticking up and out so far... i already dont really want to run the thing but i do want to ski/board/tube so it's needed.
    http://www.reitanfamily.com/gallery/...2/DSCF6957.JPG
    http://www.reitanfamily.com/gallery/...2/DSCF6961.JPG

The blower ski tow from Rex bolts up closer to the motor. Check that one out. Pat
    do you have a link to this one, i only saw the jet and vdrive type on rex's site when i looked last.

Greaser
    I had the same problem with mine, only mine were actually touching the back of the boat. All I did was take some 1/4 inch flat plate, drilled holes on both endsto raise the ski tow up about 4 inches. They looked pretty good after I powder coated them to match. At forst I was worried about strength, but it has never given me any problems.

Unchained
    http://www.reitanfamily.com/gallery/...2/DSCF6957.JPG
    I have one of those ski tows hanging on the wall if someone needs one.
    I accidently put the engine in the boat backwards and the ski tow aimed to the front. It was not usable for skiing anymore although it was easier to hook the rope on.

i really dont want to raise it. I almost was thinking about shortening it so it wasnt so tall and maybe having sombody re-weld the ends on it so it saw more verticel and closer to the manifold. I really hate how far out it sticks... retarded looking.
    Here's a pic i scared, kinda hard to see the tow but you can see how much more verticle it sits and how close it is to the manifold. This is what i'm looking for.
    http://reitanfamily.com/gallery/d/30...at-oldpic1.jpg

ck7684
    Mine didnt sit up much at all, but after pulling a couple tubers, I wish that it was higher!! Personally, I dont mind them sitting up like the one in your pic, just dont put a wakeboarding pole in there!!
    My original style might be just what your looking for. It bolted to the intake, and the top 2 bellhousing bolts, and just the ring sat up over my engine cover...

Wicked Performance Boats
    I looked in Rex and Eddie Marine and neither one has the blower one listed anymore. I just cut an old one down and rewelded it. i painted it mexican chrome and it worked fine. Pat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast