Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any die hard Tahiti fans?

Squirtin Thunder
    Jake I can't remember but is it one of the ones with the head and Tahiti on it or just Tahiti ??? I seem to remember seeing some with the head on them. But not sure.

Jake W2
    It says Tahiti on it just like the emblem no head on it though.
    On my 77 bubbledeck Tahiti when I took off the emblems to get it painted one of the heads broke off I was supper pissed,it broke rite at the rivit.When i got them back on I fixed it so you could never tell.
    My bubble deck was a shit box when I bought it but the emblems were perfect and still on .
    Bought it from Dan Rossen in OK said they were going to pull a mold off it but never got around to it so instead they piled trash in it.Told me on the phone it was ready to be rigged.When I got there 6 hours later I could put my finger through all the wood(floor,dash ,gunwhales,transom,stringers ect.So I went back home with out it.But later that week I had a change of heart and drove my a$$ back down there to pick it up.I did make them pull all the trash out of it first.
    Jake

Cas
    Gawd, I thought I was the only one who kept this old crap.
    LMAO, not likely. I got more crap around here that I've saved for no good reason except maybe wanting to keep the past alive.
    Hey Jake, save me shipping fees to Bellflower and send it to Old Rigger direct

jake you can send it to if old rigger don't take it. thanks. i will go to good use
    patrick o'neill
    7633 southfront road suite #12
    livermore, ca. 94551
    pat(slotracer) :rollside:

Heatseeker
    Gawd, I thought I was the only one who kept this old crap.
    Come on OR, you gotta know better than that! I've got more useless shiat laying around here than I can tell you. I keep telling myself that someday I'll use it, but I think Cas is right, I'm just clutching to days long past...

Come on OR, you gotta know better than that! I've got more useless shiat laying around here than I can tell you. I keep telling myself that someday I'll use it, but I think Cas is right, I'm just clutching to days long past...
    lol. Yes, I think we are all pack rats.
    I'll tell ya, after my dad died, I was going through his stuff. He had 2, 2 car garage's full of tools, boat parts and hot rod parts. Not to mention his Model A and his old Hawaiian. I brought it home and stuffed it all into my 2 car garage, along with my crap.
    I slowly went through it all, kept one roll-a-way full of tools for my son, who was only 11 at the time (now in college) and gave all the other tools and the other roll-a-way to friends. These are old school roll-a-ways too, nothing like the nice stuff today. I'll probably buy a new one for my son when the time comes, put all the tools in it and just keep that ol battered thing of my dad's in the garage. I kinda like having it around.
    I kept some of the boat stuff that dated back to the mid 60's Tahiti days for myself. Mostly old NOS stewart warner gauges and some other stuff. Saving it for that one last Tahiti I find that I want to restore. Had a JG berk, an old jetovater, a bunch of other berkeley stuff that I gave away cause I just knew I'd never have another jet boat. Hah! What a dope. This was all unused stuff too.
    Sold the Model A and the boat, something I regret very much. I had a boat and a hot rod when he died, but I didn't realize just how fast time would fly by, I should have kept that stuff for my kids.
    He had boxs and boxs of boat stuff, things I never thought I'd need in a million years. I ended up giving it all away to some of my friends and some of his friends, all of whom are boaters and all liked the idea of having some of his old stuff. He was the kind of guy that'd just give you the part for your boat anyway, so I figured he'd be pissed if I tried to sell that stuff. It all went to good homes.
    Sure as shit, I've found myself needing something I got rid of more than once and have needed what I kept of his very little! Never fails. Can't keep it all I guess.

BBTAHITI
    So, what I took away from your post is that the pedal should go to me because:
    You've shown a consistent and long term lack of judgement in evaluating the worth of boat parts.
    You abandoned the jetboating fraternity (v-drive too, if I remember your Howard and Buck Smith :idea: )
    Have too small of a garage to pay homage to such a special piece of Tahiti history
    And last, you had TONS of these at your fingertips years ago, and never bothered to snag one?
    Just giving ya shit Rich If anyone should be the Tahiti artifact caretaker, it should probably be you.

So, what I took away from your post is that the pedal should go to me because:
    You've shown a consistent and long term lack of judgement in evaluating the worth of boat parts.
    You abandoned the jetboating fraternity (v-drive too, if I remember your Howard and Buck Smith :idea: )
    Have too small of a garage to pay homage to such a special piece of Tahiti history
    And last, you had TONS of these at your fingertips years ago, and never bothered to snag one?
    Just giving ya shit Rich If anyone should be the Tahiti artifact caretaker, it should probably be you.
    Can't argue with that. lol
    in order...
    I have shown very poor judgement in evaluating the worth or value of boat parts. I'd much rather see one of my friends use them on their boat than sit on a shelf in my garage.
    I did abandon my jet boating brothers, just couldn't stand having that umbilical cord attatched to the gas dock any longer.
    V-drives...my back abandoned me! Had to sell the howard to get something that rode better, and went with the lowly I/O. I wanted a v drive cruiser, but again, my wallet let me down.
    My garage IS too small.
    I did have all those cool parts at my fingertips, but would never snag one. I took great pleasure in firing guys with sticky fingers, and I was always surprised at who I caught doing that kind of stuff.
    Schuster was very giving when it came to me needing a gallon of resin or anything I had to have for a side project. I think he liked the fact I wanted to pay for whatever it was I needed rather than trying to back door the stuff. He never, ever charged me for resin, glass or gelcoat. Small parts I got them at his cost. He was cool. And, for that matter, so were all the other guys I worked for, 'cept for one.
    All the parts my dad had gathered over the years he got from the shops. In the late 60's Tahiti had their big fire, when the insurance adjuster came out, he just walked by all the parts in the shop and if the box was burnt, or had water damage, he tossed it. My dad, and all the other riggers, were right there behind him scooping up all these perfectly good parts, lower units, steering systems, guages, bildge pumps and anything else that you can think of, were just written off and thrown away.
    When Hawaiian went tits up in 1980 (maybe late '79) the doors were shut, the molds were sold off and the rest no one wanted to deal with. There wasn't a huge inventory, everyone knew the end was comming, but there was a ton of small parts, ss nuts & bolts, lots of hardware, medallion gauges, etc. I still have a roll of black ozite carpet up in the rafters that I use for bunk pads on trailers, 25 years later.
    By the way, this is the Tahiti hull I'm holding out for. 19 footer. Kinda rare. Only seen 3 in the last 15 years ............
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-t/19toad2.jpg

Jake W2
    I guess it is a PEDAL not a PETAL oops
    Why you back to your old name BBTahiti?
    Jake

BBTAHITI
    Just picking up where I left off 3 years ago. :wink:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast