Thread: Tube benders

v-drive
    What type of tube benders are you guys using when you need them.
    I'm doing brakes on my trailer and need to run some new lines. thanks
    v-drive

v-drive
    i dont know where u live, but if u have a Grainger's or any good industrial supply around...they will have exactly what u need
    fastrat

superdave013
    just about anything will work with 3/16" steel tube. But now that you bring it up I stock this EZbend tube for brake lines. It's some slick stuff as it forms real nice. You can pretty much would have to try really hard to kink it. And so they say it won't rust.

v-drive
    Thanks Dave, my problem is that the boat is in Hesperia. I have to go up this weekend and measure for the tube and it wouldn't make sence to come back to this area to buy it......
    v-drive

502 JET
    v-drive
    I use a tubing bender thats looks like pliers it comes with two dies for 4 different size lines.You should be able to get it at any auto parts store or Sears.They may have one in the plumbing section at Home Depot.

tbanzer
    I bought a very simple inexpensive unit made by KD if I remember correctly. Its just a piece of about 2 1/2" diameter aluminum with 4 groves cut in it. It has a handle screwed to the side of it with a stop to keep the tubing in place while bending. I have been using it for years on aluminum, stainless and steel tubing. Cost me about 10 bucks and got it at the local NAPA.

Moneypitt
    Buy "Bundyflex kantkink" tubing and leave the bender in the toolbox..This tubing comes in various lengths and is very easy to bend/form by hand, especially 3/16ths. It comes with inverted flare ends w/fittings. All you will need is the inverted flare couplers to put the pieces together. As I said you can easily bend it with your fingers into perfect radii to do a very sano job. It is also treated for brake line use and is rust resistent. Your local auto parts store should carry it in sizes from 1/8th thru 3/8ths. The 3/8ths works great for hard plumbing fuel systems............MP

v-drive
    Thanks everyone, I bought one at Napa and when I got out to Hesperia to measure the lengths I needed I ended up buying the kantkink tubing that Moneypitt suggested.......v-drive