Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-month CD @ 5.15%...

HammerDown
    zero risk...worth doing on $150.000 ?

wow, who is offering that rate? If i had 100k laying around I would be on that.

World Savings is offering 5.3% for a 5 month

HammerDown
    wow, who is offering that rate? If i had 100k laying around I would be on that.
    My local Wachovia, I told them I was going to pull one of my accounts unless they could do something for me. The above is what he came back with, I had hoped for a bit more.
    From the PM sent >Right now don't think I want to lock it up for more than 3 months at at time.

carbonmarine
    GREAT ... Were all almost back in business again ! ** Money is actually getting little more expensive... All those nice, new homes in and the not so nice in Havasu will start a lose'in proprietors in a few quarters ( BTW: Boats will be had a lil cheaper too ! ) ....

OGShocker
    A little known banking law allows you to invest in a CD and withdraw any or all of you money WITHOUT penalty after as little three weeks. I have two accounts in one year CD's at 4.5 and 5.2%. I have access to them at anytime.
    Good Luck!

Outnumbered
    http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/hig...416&product=22
    Seems pretty good if that is what your risk threshold is. The link above shows some competing jumbo 3 month CDs. Looks like you have about a .25 advantage to most.

cdog
    Why lock your money up for any time period? Unless the rates are 1-2 % higher than the savings rate. Here's a link.
    http://www.hsbcdirect.com/1/offer.ht...0000&WT.srch=1
    I throw my interest earnings into stocks. The $60 diff. a month is worth having access to the $$$ if you need it.

NautiTwins
    My local Wachovia, I told them I was going to pull one of my accounts unless they could do something for me. The above is what he came back with, I had hoped for a bit more.
    From the PM sent >Right now don't think I want to lock it up for more than 3 months at at time.
    Read OG's reply.

cdog
    A little known banking law allows you to invest in a CD and withdraw any or all of you money WITHOUT penalty after as little three weeks. I have two accounts in one year CD's at 4.5 and 5.2%. I have access to them at anytime.
    Good Luck!
    Do you have a link to that law? I'd like to see it. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast