Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best Ski/Wakeboard boat?

riverbound
    We have a Ski Nautique 19 footer and a Supra luanch 22,Supra Saltare 24' adn 22 Stoker.
    If you are into Slalom.....hands down the BEST boat I have ever ski behind is my Stoker (wake is only about 1 inch tall and soft)
    The Supra is hands down the nicest tourney boat I have been in.Has a decent wake for slalom and a great wake for boarding, air chairing etc.. (when the ballast is full)
    The sanger is a nice boat for the money, but lacks the fit and finish quality of the Nautiques, Master craft, Supra.
    It mostly boils down to what you are going to use it for. Our 24' Supra throws the biggest wake for wake sports that I have ever seen from a boat with no ballast tanks....and actually rides really well due to the ver deep V up front. but it is a VERY heavy boat.

riverbound
    sanger is number one IMHO for price and how they are built,"one at a time"......had a malibu...didnt like it,,,they are splatter gun assemblied(production line).....ski nautique's are my second pick....calabria=junk.tige=overpriced.mastercraft= many problems.moomba=are you kidding?.........SANGER best built hand layed up hulls one of the best gelcoats,they hold there value also.....hope i dont piss-off anybody...but he did ask which is best....sanger.
    call tracy boat salesd.
    I would STRONGLY disagree, I have spent many hours in a friends Sanger.....and it is FAR from the BEST. It is a decent boat for the price. but no where near BEST. Give me the Supra anyday.

riverbound
    I work at California Correct Craft part time as a driver, and their people are the main reason I work there. (The secondary reason is I was spending us outta house and home at Homd Depot every weekend) I have bought two boats from them, and always felt like family.
    My 210 is white/black/grey.. funny that's the color you want, my favorite ones on a boat, too. I took a pic last year at Moabi, it's on the CCC website under Boat/Tow pics.. should be one of the first ones on the thread.. that'll give you an idea what a 210 looks like on the water in that color scheme.
    Go to the Pomona Show this weekend (6-10), and hit up either Tim, Pete or Mac. They will give you all the info you want, and I bet they'll agree that when you drive a Nautique, then drive other boats.. you'll want a Nautique.
    As for my earlier post, I just try to stay objective when giving wakeboat advice. I have found Sanger owners love theirs, Tige' the same..on and on. I don't want to slag another maker, they all work hard. All wakeboats have plusses and all have minuses, but I'll be honest, if I won a Tige' or Malibu or MC etc., I would immediately trade it in (with the 210) for a new Air 220... THOSE boats are outstanding! (Just outta my price range)
    I do have to say that we have laways love the Nautiques. Our nautique is a 92 and has almost 900 hours on it and still runs like a top. but when we went in recently to look at them (prior to looking at the Supra) the staff at CCC wouldnt give us the time of day (little did the know my mom was paying CASH for the boat) so after an hour of trying to get help. we left and went to look at the Supra, and we are very glad we did.

DAVID
    Didn't piss me off. I agree
    sanger is number one IMHO for price and how they are built,"one at a time"......had a malibu...didnt like it,,,they are splatter gun assemblied(production line).....ski nautique's are my second pick....calabria=junk.tige=overpriced.mastercraft= many problems.moomba=are you kidding?.........SANGER best built hand layed up hulls one of the best gelcoats,they hold there value also.....hope i dont piss-off anybody...but he did ask which is best....sanger.
    call tracy boat salesd.

1BADBAHNER
    It has been tough making a decision, the main purpose is Slalom and second is wakeboarding, third is comfort and luxury. I have my heart set on the Malibu response only because of the specs. appearance and performance. I don't know how much they run and still have to test drive it, the next in line is the ski nautique 206. I know you can't have both, but it's easier to convert a boat to a decent wakeboading ride than the other way around and it's not like we are anywhere near pros. But at times I feel like :220v: from all the research. This is what I have come to learn, I may be wrong but I think if I go either way I wouldn't make a bad choice.
    Please keep it coming........need all the help I can't get still.
    Thanks everyone, and by the way if anyone is interested in my bahner please pm it's going to go really cheap.

Coach
    It has been tough making a decision, the main purpose is Slalom and second is wakeboarding, third is comfort and luxury. I have my heart set on the Malibu response only because of the specs. appearance and performance. I don't know how much they run and still have to test drive it, the next in line is the ski nautique 206. I know you can't have both, but it's easier to convert a boat to a decent wakeboading ride than the other way around and it's not like we are anywhere near pros. But at times I feel like :220v: from all the research. This is what I have come to learn, I may be wrong but I think if I go either way I wouldn't make a bad choice.
    Please keep it coming........need all the help I can't get still.
    Thanks everyone, and by the way if anyone is interested in my bahner please pm it's going to go really cheap.
    Make sure to wait for the 2007 Malibu's. I think the Reponse is getting some major overalls done. Check out www.themalibucrew.com or www.wakeworld.com for more info. I am also looking at the Malibu and they are at the top of my list right now (WS 23 LSV). I am going to be demoing many boats this weekend (Malibu, Mastercraft, Tige). I also liked the Supra after checking them out, you get a lot of boat for the money. The Natiques are great boats but much like the MasterCraft I think they are overpriced for what you are getting. I think Malibu is putting together the best overall package for the price then in second is Supra. The Mastercraft and Natique are right there with Malibu for fit and finish, but I don't like the layout of the Natiques and the MasterCrafts I can't customize it as much as a Malibu. BTW silver is the color for Malibu's 25th Aniverisary for 2007. Many Bling items are going onto the boats.

COOPER
    I own a Response LXI it is great boat if you are a hardcore slalom skier. I have skied behind most of these boats and if you are buying from one of the top brands it all abot prefrence and money. I like the Nautiques and Mastercrafts and the Supra (not a fan of tige or centurian). But I love my Malibu (I have owned several) I am friends with most of the dealers in my area so it really came down to boat and price.
    The RLXI is a great slalom boat has an amazing slalom wake and is little bigger than most boats with this high of a performance level.
    It does have some limitation you are never going to get a great boarding wake from this boat wedge ballast etc the boat was designed for skiing. the bow Rides low if you are in any kind of rough water you will have a good chance of taking water over the bow.
    From what I can gather you miight want to look at the Wakesetter XTI (direct drive) or the Nautique 206 (almost bought one). The slalom wake is still very skiable (34+mph) and the wake is much better for boarding.
    MAKE SURE YOU SKI BEHIND THEM. after all is said and done what is behind the boat is more important than any extra bling.

Speedin' Ian
    What are you basing this info. on... because a lot of it seems way off base. First of all what problems do the Mastercrafts have? Second of all the Malibu is a production boat (like many tournament boats) but it is a very solid, well built boat. Nautiques are great boats (don't disagree with you there) and I don't have a lot of first hand knowledge on Moomba or Calabria, but the one Moomba I skied behind was junk, but that was many years ago and the ones I saw at the boat show didn't look too bad. As for the Sanger I think it's a decent boat, I almost bought one because it was a good deal, but somebody bought it before I could. However the fit and finish is not nearly that of many of the boats you listed above (Mastercraft, Nautique, Malibu, Tige, etc..) plus they are one of the last builders using wood in there construction. Currently we own a Mastercraft and a Tige both of which have been great boats... if I was to buy a new one I would probably go with a Malibu or Tige, you seem to get more bang for your buck than the Mastercraft or Nautique (though it has been a while since I priced one out so things may be different now)

1BADBAHNER
    I own a Response LXI it is great boat if you are a hardcore slalom skier. I have skied behind most of these boats and if you are buying from one of the top brands it all abot prefrence and money. I like the Nautiques and Mastercrafts and the Supra (not a fan of tige or centurian). But I love my Malibu (I have owned several) I am friends with most of the dealers in my area so it really came down to boat and price.
    The RLXI is a great slalom boat has an amazing slalom wake and is little bigger than most boats with this high of a performance level.
    It does have some limitation you are never going to get a great boarding wake from this boat wedge ballast etc the boat was designed for skiing. the bow Rides low if you are in any kind of rough water you will have a good chance of taking water over the bow.
    From what I can gather you miight want to look at the Wakesetter XTI (direct drive) or the Nautique 206 (almost bought one). The slalom wake is still very skiable (34+mph) and the wake is much better for boarding.
    MAKE SURE YOU SKI BEHIND THEM. after all is said and done what is behind the boat is more important than any extra bling.
    I was hoping with the perfect pass, people riding in the back, wedge and ballast it would give out a decent wakeboard wake to have fun with. We aren't pro's at wakeboarding but it has to be better than what we have now by far and properly set up it should be good enough........shouldn't it?

Brian Ray
    We have a Sanger V210.....wouldn't own another boat.
    They might be the only boat builder buidling with wood but the hull is guaranteed for life and I have yet to hear of a Sanger hull coming apart....
    Best wake I've ever skiied behind is a a '71 Sanger flat bottom....no wake what so ever...not much room but by far the best pull I've ever gotten.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast