Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dont use your Durango to back your boat into the lake.

beaverretriever
    My wife and I just bought a new 06 Dodge Durango with the Hemi. With only 2000 miles on it, it has been in the shop going on a month. The dealer told me this has happened on other Durangos as well, but our issue became more severe than most.
    I guess when we backed it into the lake some fuel pressure sensor/valve down by the exhaust got wet and sucked water into the intake. All the CELs came on and started running extremely poorly.
    We got it back last week after 18 days in the shop, now its going back in due to the problem not being fixed. Hopefully it will go 30 days and a new vehicle will be coming our way.
    Anyone else have a Durango with this problem?
    What do people do back east where the fricken water goes up to the doors during flooding? Bad design on Dodges part. I mean come on, every damn SUV commercial shows the fricken things towing boats and watercraft...LOL

Outnumbered
    Got an 04 (same as 06) 4x4 with 28,000 miles, most towing boats and a 25 foot TT. On some ramps we have had the exhuast under water and bubbling. Never heard of this type of problem. Is it a 4x4?

beaverretriever
    Got an 04 (same as 06) 4x4 with 28,000 miles, most towing boats and a 25 foot TT. On some ramps we have had the exhuast under water and bubbling. Never heard of this type of problem. Is it a 4x4?
    No, ours is a 2wd. I was told this has happened to both 4x and 2wd . A few more days in the shop and we will be looking at a lemon.

Hardly Satisfied
    First Mistake , Buying A Dodge

Outnumbered
    First Mistake , Buying A Dodge
    Here we go

Legal Chemistry
    2001 (Different Style) 2x w/the 5.9L and not a problem... hmmm What happened to newer and BETTER???? WTF!

bigq
    How do you suck water into the intake from the back of the car? Where is this sensor located?

Outnumbered
    2001 (Different Style) 2x w/the 5.9L and not a problem... hmmm What happened to newer and BETTER???? WTF!
    I had an 01 Durango and now have an 04 Hemi. Two totally different trucks. I like the 04 much better but the 01 was more truck-like and could be off-roaded mildly, where the 04 is a street machine even in 4x4 trim. Towed to capacity with both nearly all the miles used on them because we have other cars to drive around town. Both were excellent trucks.
    This seems like a wierd deal. Just like Bigq said, why/where is there an intake in the exhaust??? Never heard of this.

bigblockbill
    I guess when we backed it into the lake ...<snip> it sucked water into the intake
    I usally use my boat in the lake and the truck on the road

Honestly, that sucks and it does not sound like your the only one with the problem. Even if you were to call it a lemon and give you another I am not sure I would want to use it either.

Outnumbered
    ...it does not sound like your the only one with the problem. ...
    You have heard of this problem before?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast