Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the new Imco SC live?

riverliver
    yes you are most likely right.
    Chrome is also for Harley's http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Skaterfast
    Any time you take a Bravo 1 and build on that you are looking for trouble.I wonder why Merc started over.Maybe it was from years of the Bravo breaking?Da.

Flatfastcat
    My cat is a HTM SR-24 built mostly with a carbon fiber lay up, so its about 350-400 lbs lighter than a fiberglass hull. Dyno hp is 1079 hp. The Imco SC is a complete new case designed by IMCO. It has a two piece upper case and the lower portion has a longer than "mercury" cavitation plate. It does however use the XR straight cut gears but that is where it stops. I got rid of the B-Max I was running and am anxious to see how this one does. I am going to run this drive within the next 3 weeks and will post how it does.

DMB
    Flatfastcat, what was wrong with your B-MAX

Flatfastcat
    Everyone I talk to says it kills 6 to 9 mph on the top end........

h2oedits
    Re Imco SC: I spoke with Dave @ DCB, and he has had excellent success with the drive thus far. Re the Powerboat test on the 140 mph Daytona, it did survive -- two or three passes, then it grenaded. Of course, no telling how hard they hammered it out of the hole....

Flatfastcat
    Well I ran the new SC and so far no problems. No top speed test thus far, but with the small prop the boat accelerates harder than with the B-Max (noticably) and speeds with the same prop are plus a solid 6 mph. I'm anxious to try the big props, bet it will run mid to high 120's.

i was there at the testing and believe me they were hammering them hard.

gimprvr
    I'm pretty sure these guys have had 100% success in everything over 1000HP. Plus I know from personal experience they are a hell of a lot nicer to work with then the guys at the other place.
    Call em www.mbrmaxmachineworx.com (http://www.mbrmaxmachineworx.com)

SVO 540
    Originally posted by Flatfastcat:
    Well I ran the new SC and so far no problems. No top speed test thus far, but with the small prop the boat accelerates harder than with the B-Max (noticably) and speeds with the same prop are plus a solid 6 mph. I'm anxious to try the big props, bet it will run mid to high 120's.
    Flatfastcat, Did your x-dim change from the b-max to the imco drive? That is an impressive performance gain by the the imco drive. With the HP and light lay up you have I would guess your boat will run well into the 120's. Good luck and let us know how the speed run goes and how it compares to the b-max.
    [This message has been edited by SVO 540 (edited May 02, 2002).]
    [This message has been edited by SVO 540 (edited May 02, 2002).]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast