Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has the Bezer molds anyone building them??

Sanger D
    Almost forgot,I beleive that julian made less than 20 of the narrow boats and you would be lucky to find 5 in exestance that are worth a crap now,(all the rest are wrecked or just completely hammered).

cowboybob
    .................................................. .................................................. ................This is correct!!(truitt Beal ) told me the same thing,...I have a narrow Julian boat that IS a biesemeyer, was built for bob jenkel.It is a perfect condition boat,could'nt someone splash a new mold from a streight boat?????
    Well, let's make it clear that I am not myself going to, or suggesting that anyone else, "Splash" a Hull that is someone else's design.
    Part of the reason that I never bought a Mold was because I do not think there is any patent protection at this point on any of the designs out there.
    As far as your question, yes, you really are wasting your time trying to Splash anything other than a Perfect Hull. I would also guess that you would want to reinforce the heck out of and make any changes to the "Plug" Boat you are Splashing off of, much easier than modding the Mold.

cowboybob
    it is a pretty common practice for a boat builder to destroy the plug after the mold is made from it. they take up space and you also have the obvious risk of someone else getting their hands on the plug and making their own mold from it. i'd venture to guess that the plugs for many of the good molds are long gone.
    True.
    But the whole deal with the patent issue was that you had to be able to produce (when sued for infringement) a "Plug" that was used to make the Mold.
    It also had to be a "Plug" made from scratch, not an existing Boat with Bondo added to it to "change it by 10%"

Sanger D
    It seems kinda sad that no one would let someone else splash a boat if the other party was not making them anymore, seems like there is a market,I'm sure if someone was to start making hulls they would sell.From what I've been told,people are racing some boats that probably should'nt be raceing,a need for new hulls is in the air!!!!!,but I could deffinatly understand not wanting to disrespect someone for making their boat.I'm totaly blessed that I found the boat I have now,will NEVER sell this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dossangers
    It seems kinda sad that no one would let someone else splash a boat if the other party was not making them anymore, seems like there is a market,I'm sure if someone was to start making hulls they would sell.From what I've been told,people are racing some boats that probably should'nt be raceing,a need for new hulls is in the air!!!!!,but I could deffinatly understand not wanting to disrespect someone for making their boat.I'm totaly blessed that I found the boat I have now,will NEVER sell this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!By the way wheres some pics of your BOAT?

olbiezer
    iam with wayne on this one sanger where are the pic's brother?

Sanger D
    SOON very soon,the boat is totaly stripped and everything is getting sent out to be re-anoed and the gunnel boards are getting redone(I want the inside to be preem!!!!!!!!!!!!!gotta get the gear box to and from JJ.hey doss,? can you pm me your chrome dudes # thanks hope alls well.

dmontzsta
    yeah...pics please.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Not sure about Schiada.
    As far as "AWOL" Molds are concerned:
    There are Numerous Biesemeyer Molds out there, as well as:
    The "Leach" "Daytona" or "Sundown Marine" Mold......
    The "Revenge" Mold............
    The "Riviera" Mold or "Cut Down Barron" Mold..........
    I just Re-Read an E-Mail from Mel in Canada, he has a "Wide" and a "Narrow" B-Boat Mold. Narrow was allegedly a Splash of Angel Fire but I think he has a T-Deck on his Boat.
    what is a leach Daytona?
    The Riviera mold and the cut down Barron are 2 differnent boats with similar decks.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Ron Bolton's passing brings to light the question of what might happen to the Kelron-Spitfire Mold, I know he popped at least 2 out in the last couple Years.
    They told me they were going to destroy the molds. That would make John Guthries boat the last one built.
    d'Cucci has a Mold and out of everyone seemed the most motivated to build Boats.
    Are you saying he sounded like he needed the money the most?
    Now, I am not an Attorney or Expert on this but I will say that based on what I found I was turned off by the thought of dropping 20K on a Mold and having someone splash a Boat that I popped out of it.
    Bottom Line is this:
    Mr. Foster was VERY informative and knowledgeable and seems pretty interested in selling his Mold. If someone was to buy it, you could probably make a few Bucks to support your Racing, not much more.
    What I'm baffold by is the idea that someone even kicks around the idea of dropping 20 large on another splash when guys with decades of building and racing experience will sell you a boat today.
    As far as most of the other Builders, they really do not have much interest in doing anything with Flatties and the Molds are not For Sale.
    Pretty soon the "Old" Boats are going to be used up and someone's going to have to build some new ones.
    Who's it going to be?????????
    Huhhhhhh???? Canary, D'Cucci, Revenge, and until recently Kelron would be happy to build anyone a boat!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast