Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: HTM NEWS FLASH 150mph in 30footer

MrHavasuCat
    I agree with Charley's post. The loss of the people from HTM is a tragedy but they were doing what they loved. I will continue my pursuit of more speed in my cat, and that is my decision alone. I will do everything I can to do it as safely as possible, but I will still run my boat at triple digits. I believe that when it is your time to go it will happen. You can not live life every day worrying about dying. Live life the best you can because you never know when or how it might end.

JETBOAT BRIAN
    Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
    I agree with Charley's post. The loss of the people from HTM is a tragedy but they were doing what they loved. I will continue my pursuit of more speed in my cat, and that is my decision alone. I will do everything I can to do it as safely as possible, but I will still run my boat at triple digits. I believe that when it is your time to go it will happen. You can not live life every day worrying about dying. Live life the best you can because you never know when or how it might end.
    Very well said Mr havasucat, I could not agree with you more!

bratprince
    I am saddened as everyone is by the deaths of the HTM accident, but why do we immediatly jump to "something must change in laws or driving habits". The reality of boating or life for that matter is that accidents do happen, in spite of safety equipment, caution or responsibility. I do not think that anything is wrong with the status quo, an accident occurred, yes it was a terrible thing but it was an isolated incident. For as many hours spent boating and speed runs that occur on castaic or havasu there are very few fatal accidents. I think we should all mourn those that were lost and celebrate their accomplishments and not try to change the aspects of the sport that we all love.

Essex502
    I guess some of you missed my point. All I was pinting out was to THINK about the consequences to yourself and others you may leave behind. From the reports it does not appear to have been the case in this accident. There seems to be controversy over the safety gear and whether or not Ken Lane was wearing ANY type of vest. Again, those speeds on Castaic are NOT resposible. I did not intend to propose limiting speed in any case on bigger lakes. Havasu, Mohave, Mead, wherever...get away from others and take precautions. This means safety gear and not having a boat load of passengers. I 100% agree that it is up to the driver/owner/pilot to assess his/her risk and consider the consequences. To him(her)self those possibly left behind. I personally have taken plenty of risks including crashing a B/G corvette years ago (broken axle with a spool) but as I get older and hopefully wiser and have a family I rethink those crazier moments. Yes, parts break and s$%t happens - see Dale Earnhardt - but be prepared and THINK.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213