Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Nordic Bubble Deck

snake321

DelawareDave
    I'm itching just looking at your pics. That is one of the reasons I took the deck off. Home Depot (or Lowes) has painting suits. Light weight, zip up to your neck, and have elastic around the ankles and wrists. About $5 apiece. I found they keep everything off of you and cheap enuff to throw away. They also have head covers that are cheap, too. I got one suit from the boat store, but at $17, it's a little pricey to use discard too often.
    Too late now for you, but I didn't plan to cut the pump opening in the transom wood till after the transom was glassed in and later when I was ready to install the intake. The bottom area is so thin, I figured it would be easier to do the glass work with the hole not there. When I set the intake, I will cut the hole to clear it.

Snake;
    What is that redwood that you bought for the stringers?
    I can not get Kiln dried douglas fir,here in las vegas.They said that code won't let the builders use it ,so they dont sell it.
    I looked at the green doug fir and the red wood and the red wood looks to be drier and straighter,but didnt know if it was allright to use redwood.All I ever hear about is kiln dried douglas fir..hal

DelawareDave
    Snake;
    I can not get Kiln dried douglas fir,here in las vegas.They said that code won't let the builders use it ,so they dont sell it.
    I looked at the green doug fir and the red wood and the red wood looks to be drier and straighter,but didnt know if it was allright to use redwood.All I ever hear about is kiln dried douglas fir..hal
    I believe Spruce would work, if you can get that. It is used for aircraft wings and stuff, so it should be OK for a boat.

snake321
    I'm itching just looking at your pics. That is one of the reasons I took the deck off. Home Depot (or Lowes) has painting suits. Light weight, zip up to your neck, and have elastic around the ankles and wrists. About $5 apiece. I found they keep everything off of you and cheap enuff to throw away. They also have head covers that are cheap, too. I got one suit from the boat store, but at $17, it's a little pricey to use discard too often.
    Too late now for you, but I didn't plan to cut the pump opening in the transom wood till after the transom was glassed in and later when I was ready to install the intake. The bottom area is so thin, I figured it would be easier to do the glass work with the hole not there. When I set the intake, I will cut the hole to clear it.
    didn't itch at all. Stunk though. There was a cloud of dust coming out of the garage and my girlfriend said that it came up the driveway and into the house. I just came back from closing the garage for the night. What a shambles. Don't have a clue as to how I'm gonna clean it out with the compressor broken.

snake321
    Snake;
    if you're not in a hurry, pick out the best doug fir, find a flat place for it and let it dry. Might have to put blocks on it and rotate it to keep it straight and get it dry.

DelawareDave
    didn't itch at all. Stunk though. There was a cloud of dust coming out of the garage and my girlfriend said that it came up the driveway and into the house. I just came back from closing the garage for the night. What a shambles. Don't have a clue as to how I'm gonna clean it out with the compressor broken.
    My wife bitches when I leave the man door open. The dust gets all over the back porch. Luckily the garage doors face away from the house. Her and the kids complain about the smell of the resin getting in the house, too. Not a lot I can do about it, tho.

snake321
    my new transom doesn't go down to the bottom two holes in my pump cover. They have been glassed over from the inside. I don't need to run bolts in these holes, do I?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast