Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Nordic Bubble Deck

DelawareDave
    Mine had screws in the bottom 2 holes. If the intake wasn't set correctly to start with, that may be the reason for that.
    Not trying to be a smart aleck, but that is one of the reasons I didn't cut the hole yet. I wanted to make it no bigger than needed. My transom housing was ground off on the bottom corners, as they would have been below the bottom of the hull.

snake321
    my problem isn't with the hole, it's with the floor being filled with extra glass up over the two holes so the new wood doesn't go down that far anyways. I think on my other boat I had the bottom two just caulked.

DelawareDave
    Mine was the opposite. The bottom of the hull was so thin, where the transom wood was, that I could almost see thru it! The shell was cracked almost entirely across the back. I built it back up to about 1/4" thick inside, and I will grind out and fix what crack is left, from the outside, after I turn the hull over to do the bottom.

blown428fe
    Snake321 - How did you make out with stringers? Did a drive-by and seen it sitting outside.

DelawareDave
    Yes- Lets post some updates!

snake321
    the Snake has been too busy for stringers. Every day starts out with-I gotta glue the transom in. I have it coated and ready to go, just gotta get 6 2x4's for clamping and a new resin.
    ok,ok, I'll go this morning for the stuff.....

DelawareDave
    C'mon there, buddy- I'm gettin way ahead of ya! I got the deck glued back on, and the boat turned over, and I'm working on the bottom! I gots to get another sheet of plywood to make the bulkhead for under the deck. I want to glass it in while the boat is upside down! The top of it, anyway.

snake321
    hahahahaha, there's one big difference here----YOU'RE CRAZY
    when I cut a boat in half, it's dump time..
    Got my 2x4's and a gallon of west resin and hardener. Gonna go make room in the garage, nag,nag,nag.....

DelawareDave
    hahahahaha, there's one big difference here----YOU'RE CRAZY
    Now how could you say such a thing? Me? Crazy? Nah, never! :messedup:

snake321
    I cut all my transom clamping boards,cut my stringer spacer boards and kinda got the garage half cleaned back out. Tomorrow morning I'll have the boat back in and the transom will be clamped in by noon. Then I'm gonna start stripping all the parts from my other boat that I'm gonna use and get that one up for sale and out of my way.
    thanks for the kick in the ass guys...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast