Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Project Nordic Bubble Deck

DelawareDave
    Looking good, snakeman! I thought about the coloring agent as well, just haven't used it. I've been using foam rollers almost my entire project! I was buying the short nap ones (7") at the boat supply, but the cost got too expensive. $4.50 for the handle, and $2.50 (or more) per cover. I started buying the 6" short nap ones at home depot, handle is $1.49, covers are 12 for $11.00. I also got the 4" foam rollers, handle $1.39, covers $.99 each. I have had no problems with them whatsoever.

mrgoslow
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...775/workin.jpg
    nasty..
    you guys ever heard of masking tape and hooded tyvek? i bet you were on fire after that!

snake321
    Looking good, snakeman! I thought about the coloring agent as well, just haven't used it. I've been using foam rollers almost my entire project! I was buying the short nap ones (7") at the boat supply, but the cost got too expensive. $4.50 for the handle, and $2.50 (or more) per cover. I started buying the 6" short nap ones at home depot, handle is $1.49, covers are 12 for $11.00. I also got the 4" foam rollers, handle $1.39, covers $.99 each. I have had no problems with them whatsoever.
    I think the foam rollers work with epoxy resin but not with polyester.The polyester I used to coat the floor melted two plastic cups I used for measuring. This morning I used my last quart of poly with a whole tube and a quarter of a tube of coloring. Although it colored better than yesterday, it still wasn't what I wanted. One more coat might have done it, but I quit. In an hour or two I'll pull it out of the disgusting garage and take a picture.

snake321
    you guys ever heard of masking tape and hooded tyvek? i bet you were on fire after that!
    I don't think I had any real itching problen durring this whole build. I think all the sweating helps...

DelawareDave
    I've been using polyester. I sent my wife to the dollar store for bowls. I got a plastic measuring cup, and 10 plastic bowls for a buck each, and the bowls have handles. Very handy. They hold over 4 cups so no issues with capacity. I also had her go to the drugstore and get the little meds measuring spoons. They hold up to 10CC's and are perfect for measuring MEKP. I think they were about 1.50 each. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to consumables. But I do buy the resin by the 5 gallon pail.
    Oh- I have the tyvek suits- $4.99 each at Home Depot, lol. But ya sweat like a pig with them on.

snake321
    you can tell by the first picture that it was time to get out of the garage.
    The worst is over. Thanks Dave, couldn't have done it without your pictures.
    Will take the rest of the day to clean up the garage then bring in the other boat,lift out the motor and take the intake out for this boat. Gotta shop for black rug for the sides and get the gas tanks ready and mounted. Stripped the powdercoat off of one and polished it. Gotta do the other maybe tonight.

snake321
    I've been using polyester. I sent my wife to the dollar store for bowls. I got a plastic measuring cup, and 10 plastic bowls for a buck each, and the bowls have handles. Very handy. They hold over 4 cups so no issues with capacity. I also had her go to the drugstore and get the little meds measuring spoons. They hold up to 10CC's and are perfect for measuring MEKP. I think they were about 1.50 each. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to consumables. But I do buy the resin by the 5 gallon pail.
    Oh- I have the tyvek suits- $4.99 each at Home Depot, lol. But ya sweat like a pig with them on.
    I used 1 gal. of polyester on the floors and 1 1/4 gal. epoxy resin on the stringers and transom. I had a quart of old polyester that I used to coat stuff like the transom and front bulkhead before puttin them in. Bought 2 tubes of pigment,2 stringers,1 sheet 3/4 plywood and that's it. I don't think I went much over $250.

blown428fe
    Snake- Lowes has the black marine carpet with the rubber back cheap. Your boat is looking nice.

blown428fe
    Playing the old I spy game with my kids using this pic, mint.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20/2344bt1.jpg

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast