Thread: Footwell source

bubbletop409
    Does any one know of a source for recessed fiberglass footwells? I am looking for something in the neighborhood of 16" wide, 20" tall, and 6" deep. Thanks for any suggestions.

GRUNION
    whats a footwell

bubbletop409
    Well I am not sure if I am using the proper terminology, but what I am looking for is a molded piece of fiberglass, that would fit in a cutout in front of the driver and front passenger side area, that would give more foot and leg room. Have seen pictures of them mounted in V bottom sport boats, but all the sources I have found so far are too large in one way or another.

pixrthis
    Maybe Lavey Craft will sell them to you, they make them for a couple of thier models.

bubbletop409
    Thanks, tried them, refused to sell because I had a different name brand boat. Guess that makes my money worthless.

GRUNION
    what about having some made

bubbletop409
    Thats my next course to persue, going to take some measurements, make a drawing, and get some quotes from local plastic fabricators. Have seen some pieces fabricated from white plastic, at a local Tap dealer. If the price was right, I'd be happy with their workmanship.

GRUNION
    Thats my next course to persue, going to take some measurements, make a drawing, and get some quotes from local plastic fabricators. Have seen some pieces fabricated from white plastic, at a local Tap dealer. If the price was right, I'd be happy with their workmanship.
    try a fiberglass guy.

pixrthis
    How about Advantage or Nordic?

pixrthis
    Brent Leach said he'd sell them. He's at Extreme marine in Elsonore