Thread: Nozzle angle vs ride plate angle

Taylorman
    Should there be a correlation between the angle of you nozzle relative to the bottom of the boat and the ride plate angle. I was measuring angles the other night, my ride plate is set a 2* up and my snoot with wedge and pin angle measures 6* up from keel on exit. Should these two be closer or are they not related?

IMPATIENT 1
    Should there be a correlation between the angle of you nozzle relative to the bottom of the boat and the ride plate angle. I was measuring angles the other night, my ride plate is set a 2* up and my snoot with wedge and pin angle measures 6* up from keel on exit. Should these two be closer or are they not related?
    NOT SURE ABOUT WEDGE ANGLE PART BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IF YA GO OVER 3 DEGREES UP ANGLE ON THE RIDE PLATE ON A SJ, IT SLOWS DOWN AND PORPUSES AT WOT.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Too bad the answer is "Try stuff and see what makes it faster". What corelates on one boat may be completely disliked by yours or another. Each jet boat is unique to a certain extent.

sdba069
    Personally, I like to run the nozzle from .5 to 1 degree above the plate angle in relation to the keel. A good starting place is the plate about 2 degrees up off the keel and the nozzle angle 1 degree above that. You can adjust from there as needed.