Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hilborn Injection Problems

FlatRat
    Congrats glad to hear it runs, now before you do any adjustments set your timing!.... So what's up with the mag deal????..
    Seems like I didn't have the mag seated in bore right.I used one of those spacer things and it almost cost me.I set the timing up with 14 deg. initial with 24 in the mag.I still have a little fuel seeping out #'s 7-8 nozzle.We'll do some tweeking this week and see we can it on the water this weekend.It's official, we have an injected Howard.Thanks to all of you!!

GofastRacer
    Seems like I didn't have the mag seated in bore right.I used one of those spacer things and it almost cost me.I set the timing up with 14 deg. initial with 24 in the mag.I still have a little fuel seeping out #'s 7-8 nozzle.We'll do some tweeking this week and see we can it on the water this weekend.It's official, we have an injected Howard.Thanks to all of you!!
    Wow, you must have had a big spacer to do that?, now make sure you don't have the opposite, you don't want the mag to bottom out on the shaft that will ruin the pump!..

FlatRat
    Wow, you must have had a big spacer to do that?, now make sure you don't have the opposite, you don't want the mag to bottom out on the shaft that will ruin the pump!..
    10-4...I uummm measured it this time around.Wow,this has been and is still a big learning curve for me.That damn RiverRats Dvd.That's what happened,watching all of the badass boats.....RR2 DVD $20.00 ...Hilborn Injector set-up $20,000...memories ...priceless :rollside:

WannabeRacing
    First of all, I really hope that the Hilborn deal was not 20 grand. Second, I am glad that you found the problem. Third, once you get the injection fine tuned, and run it around, you will never go back to carbs. And fourth, (where all the rest of us are at), start watching ebay, junk, and other sites to get that injection set-up under $1000 total for your next project.
    Good luck with it!

FlatRat
    First of all, I really hope that the Hilborn deal was not 20 grand. Second, I am glad that you found the problem. Third, once you get the injection fine tuned, and run it around, you will never go back to carbs. And fourth, (where all the rest of us are at), start watching ebay, junk, and other sites to get that injection set-up under $1000 total for your next project.
    Good luck with it!
    Thanks,
    the 20 g's were the unit and the shrink bill.J/K,I wasn't thinking outside the box.I have around 1,250 or so into it.Had to get different nozzles so that cost me.Anyone looking some carbs?

WannabeRacing
    Carbs are like crabs. O.K. if someone else has got them, but keep them far away from me. I want nothing to do with them!

GofastRacer
    10-4...I uummm measured it this time around.Wow,this has been and is still a big learning curve for me.That damn RiverRats Dvd.That's what happened,watching all of the badass boats.....RR2 DVD $20.00 ...Hilborn Injector set-up $20,000...memories ...priceless :rollside:
    Well glad that's taken cared of, now it's on to do some tuning!. With the timing set where you want it, get the motor up to running temperature and set the secondary up so it's clean as I mentioned to ya before!.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345