Thread: Catamaran Anchoring

tbanzer
    This may seem like a dumb question but Im trying to find a good way to anchor my new boat. I have a HTM sr24 and The boat is equipped with pop up mushroom cleats on both sponsons and no cleats in the middle of the boat. Im coming from a V bottom with an open bow, just walked to the front of the boat and dropped the anchor in let out a bunch of line and the boat drifted back into place. I boat on Lake Erie and at times the waves kick up pretty good and the winds shift during the course of the day.

phebus
    I reach over the front, and run the line through my bow eye, and then cleat it off on either sponson. By running it through the bow eye, when the boat swings, it doesn't rub the line on the sponsons.

JLaughreySS24
    Same with me!! I have a SS24 and I just hook up to the bow eye and let the boat drift back till your set!!!

Reaper1
    Ask Toby - I hear he's pretty good at it.

JMC
    I have found on windy days my SS stays put better tying the anchor to the rear of the boat.

Jordy
    I think that's because he spends all his time at the river driving around the tieups checking out everyone's anchor methods.

pleasantcat
    if you stay over night, tie up off the stern or you'll be up all nite with the water splashing in the tunnel.

TOBTEK
    ahhhh..cough,cough..BITE ME...cough,cough :rollside: how did I know something like this was in this thread :idea: TWO new box anchors with 100ft of line for each in the garage, READY to go

Reaper1
    2 - Anchors. You should be all set for Shasta!