Thread: GI: Double Calgo Steering from a V-Drive.

dmontzsta
    My boat currently has double cable steering (one cable down each side of the boat). I am going to switch it to traditional style V-Drive steering. But I was wondering if anyone here was interested in it? before it goes on ebay, if so, PM me your offer and I will see if the price is right. I have the complete set up.
    THIS IS NOT A SPAM - JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF THIS IS SOMETHING JET BOATERS CAN USE - SINCE I HEARD THEY CAN.

dmontzsta
    No one wants your V-drive hand me downs!!! We buy all our steering components new from Home Depot. :yuk:
    The same goes for your pumps too huh? lol.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Calgo system for jets uses a different ratio than the v-drive system. Cable lengths are different also.

Code4
    Don,
    PM VictorFB. He was looking for a system at one time.

steelcomp
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Calgo system for jets uses a different ratio than the v-drive system. Cable lengths are different also.Cable dia. is different too. Bigger on the V Drives.

victorfb
    thanks for the mention, but i allready found a calgo system. mike at rex marine just so happened to have one.
    and yes the jet system differs from the v-drive.

dmontzsta
    thanks for the mention, but i allready found a calgo system. mike at rex marine just so happened to have one.
    and yes the jet system differs from the v-drive.
    Hi Vic. How are you and Toni doing?
    I was just thinking about your kick ass ski tow. How hard would it be to make one for a BBF? I am looking for a nice 6 point mount like yours, but really snug to the motor, so it doesnt stick out.