Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: panther diverter

wrenchdaddy
    Anybody tried any home made panther diverters or had any ideas. Just wondering, im trying to come up with something to try

taylormanss
    did ya sell your boat?

Squirtin Thunder
    If I were going to make something like that I would neck it down(from square to round) so I could run the Place nozzel inserts.

Not yet but I hope to one of these days.
    Squirt,
    Gotta show my ignorance but what would be the gains of the nozzle inserts on a Panther? I'm still green on all this stuff........
    Thanks........John

wrenchdaddy
    i thik they aready have a mod that basically is a berk nozzle on a panther jet, but the diameter is a lot smaller and panthers don;t like small openings. I've heard it hurts performance. No Taylorman I haven't sold it, no bites in a long time. Im just gonna wai till summer i guess.

malcolm
    Yeah, if your going to put a trim on a Panther you'd better leave the opening size the same. Those axial flows don't need pressure, it'd just slow them down.

Cas
    here ya go, best conversion yet
    before
    http://www.jetboatperformance.com/im...nversionb4.jpg
    after
    http://www.jetboatperformance.com/im...rsionafter.jpg
    and yes, it's still a Panther...kind of. The conversion basically turns it into an E pump.
    For all the skinny and pricing, contact Tom at Jet Boat Performance at (805) 466-4719
    and Jim, as Wrenchdaddy and Malcolm said, Panthers don't like pressure and reducing the nozzle size will do just that.

Cas
    oh yea, if you give Tom a call, let him know I let you know about it. There's going to be a press release on it real soon. Parts are being cast.

wrenchdaddy
    geez that looks crazy, im not sure i wanna know how much that baby is gonna cost, looks like a berk to me. did they just ream out the inside to make it bigger so it will flow or what?

Cas
    from what I understand, the only thing utilized from a Panther is the intake, everything else is converted. I'm hoping to take a trip down to visit with Tom in the near future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast