Thread: gas trick ?

bergen
    ok guys i know this subject is old and has been reported on just recently but, here go's anyway, i read a post in here about blue pipes and the way to get the color back, one guy said get the headers hot then wipe them down with a gasoline soaked rag, has anybody tried this trick, or is it just a myth? i am willing to try this if it is true, hell i'm gonna do it anyway,
    sighned scorched

Floored
    just go to the H-D cycle store and get some Blue away and it takes it off pretty well.

cave
    Maybe if your pipes aren't blue yet, it didn't work for me. I had my fire extinguisher ready too. lol. Maybe I needed race gas
    I'm just going to save and get them both Jet Hot coated.

blown428fe
    Let us know how you made out when you get the bandages off.

Cas
    possible Darwin Award nominee?
    Blue Away works ok, I thought it would work a lot better though.

Maybe if your pipes aren't blue yet, it didn't work for me. I had my fire extinguisher ready too. lol. Maybe I needed race gas
    I'm just going to save and get them both Jet Hot coated.
    thats funny Jimmy lol u would have had the $$$ if u wouldnt have bought a new cam!! lol
    fastrat

cave
    Yes that is true Ron. The chrome wont get me home. I got a hell of a pipe burn recently and figured what the hell, It only hurts when it cracks. I'm going to wait till the riding season to do the pipes and intake manifold. Jet Hot Coatings is real busy at the moment. I don't want to get the parts back mid August.
    I kinda like the blue. Newbies kinda know that means HOT.

Devilman
    possible Darwin Award nominee?
    Blue Away works ok, I thought it would work a lot better though.
    I know thats right. I'm glad I'm in good with the chick at the cycle shop, she just gave me a bottle to try out. Hell, that little bottle is around $15... I'da been pissed if I 'd had to pay for it... Guess these are destined for a trip to the coating shop come winter time....

76 Sleekcraft
    FWIW, There is also something out there called "Blue Job". It works better than blue away, at least on Drag pipes, but again, get 'em coated and forget about it....

snake321
    you gotta install some blue fittings and brackets so you don't notice it....