Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How do u guys afford these big Cats?

Goodtime$
    Im 22,a finance major in college, i just bought my first new boat, a wakeboard boat. I am just curious how you guys afford these huge cats? DCB with twin petos, HTMs, Daytonas, Force 32s, etc?
    Do u guys have seperate saving accounts? hard work? or high risk investment funds? just curious because i am saving for a boat for when my wakeboard days are up. Your boats look like they are $100k + boats?

roln 20s
    Good question. I'm 22 and just graduated college with a finance major and am a financial analyst for a top company. All I want out of life right now is a 26-29' cat...and yes, 100K is a very good estimate. I plan on buying one within the next year. How? Saving a little here and there, having no other bills (besides my new house) and then financing it. I could afford it now, but I had rather wait just to make the timing is perfect.
    My estimate is a $700-750 monthly pymt (not including insurance-watch out for that), and that is assuming the rates stay super low like they are now.
    But my dad has a Malibu that I can use until I buy my own, so thats why I am just going to wait...and go all out. Patience isn't my best trait, but I have no choice.
    Roln 20s

mbrown2
    Work my ass off.

Phat_Kat
    I'm not going to disclose my age but it's under 22. I have a game plan that involves starting small businesses in things that I'm talented at. I use those to generate about $10k-$15k a year and send it to a separate account. My thought is get about half the cash first, Drop a down payment then just finance over a relativly long period of time. Work your ass off for the first year or 2 of owning the boat then sit back and just work a little hard. Sounds complex but it works and I'll be able to relax and enjoy my boat. I'm going to get either an F-26 or F-29.

XTRM22
    Roln 20's hit the nail on the head, I don't have one of the big 100-200,000 cats your talking about, But when I bought my 22' DCB Vee 6 years ago it was a bunch of money for me. I worked hard and saved for my first new boat (which I bought 5 years after graduating college) when I moved up to my DCB I had decent equity in my Galaxie to help with the down. Now I could have a bigger nicer faster boat, but for me the priority was for a summmer house in Havasu which we bought last month. Me and the bank own both houses and even a little bit left on the DCB. I figure another 3-4 years and I'll move up to either a 26' Mach or a 28' Extreme. It's all time and money.
    Chuck

79 HUSTLER
    WE DON'T AFFORD THEM UNLESS THEY ARE PAID WITH CASH. Thats why I have a huge monthly boat payment at 23, I always thought that it was great to have good credit and to quailify for the boat but now after only 4 payments paid at over $750 I kinda wish I didn't Qualify. Atleast until the boat finally hits the water, then it will all be worth it. By the way it helps to have your own business and be able to write it off as entertainment for clients!! (29force/blown540) 79HUSTLER

Goodtime$
    I paid for my wakeboat in cash, im just trying to understand if most of these boats are paid off, or owned by the bank. Currently i am investing and trying to save for a cat, or if i stay in blythe, a placecraft for when my knees blow out and my gut gets to big to shred behind the boat.
    Force 29, thats is an awesome boat no matter the cost. I like the HTMs,Forces and DCBs, growing up on Eliminators, it would be nice to have something different.

Phat_Kat
    Goodtime$:
    I paid for my wakeboat in cash, im just trying to understand if most of these boats are paid off, or owned by the bank. Currently i am investing and trying to save for a cat, or if i stay in blythe, a placecraft for when my knees blow out and my gut gets to big to shred behind the boat.
    Force 29, thats is an awesome boat no matter the cost. I like the HTMs,Forces and DCBs, growing up on Eliminators, it would be nice to have something different. You live in blythe or have a place there? And where are you? I'm over by shaggy tree. Road Runner alley to be exact. Where are you man?

Goodtime$
    My family has a place in Hidden Valley, north of blythe, been there for since i was like 5 years old. The resort north of water wheel and south of Lost lake. Its nice, the water can get sketchy in the mid day but other than that good water, ****ing jet skiiers there everywhere

Steamin' Rice
    mbrown2:
    Work my ass off. Exactly....This topic comes up a few times every year...Work your ass off.....

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast