Thread: B-1 drive temp sugestions?

Havasu Carrera
    I have a old school drive shower and it runs stone cold under 40 mph or so.
    I guess I should have a little temp to keep oil happy and a bit thinner??
    At speed I see 230deg which sounds pretty high.
    What is optimum drive oil temp?? :idea:

Havasu Carrera
    I have looked everywhere on the net and 13 of you read my question but not one idea?? Sheesh! Do I have a problem?

phebus
    The research I have seen says that operating temps around 200* are optimal, and the 235* you are seeing is normal.
    I would contact Rexone. I know he has done extensive testing with the new drive showers he has developed. He would be able to tel you for sure if your temps are O.K., and let you know what his drive shower would be able to do for you.
    Rick

Havasu Carrera
    I think I need one of his showers if for nothing else just because my buddy got one and it looks so cool! Now the dule feed one?? Ok I will run her a bit harder or longer at speed and see if temp climbs past 130 and if it does I will go to the covered style cooler. Thanks again for the reply! I guess not to many people know what their drive temp is.

phebus
    You got my curiosity up, so I did a search to see what info I could find, and it seems it's normal for the drive oil in Bravo's to reach 250*+. So, it looks like if you are hitting a max of 230*, it is normal operating temps.
    I will be getting the new Rex dual feed drive shower for my boat as soon as I get the available funds. I currently have a Simrek shower, and I need the dual feed model to fill in the existing holes in my cavitation plate.
    Definately cool looking, and I don't like the tubular hoop look compared to the smooth top cap found on the Rex model.