Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CFW What the F.... is up?

Nostalgic Spectra
    Me and the boys have been going to Camp Far for the last 8 years, and I have never been so pissed off.
    First off, I thought that Fathers days weekend gig was for V-drives only? Since we have been going there we would probably see 1-2 jets the entire weekend each time. This last weekend I thought that I was in Vegas looking at foutain show at the Bellagio. Don't get me wrong, if you got a jet that can hold your own against the big boys with v-drives, come show what you got. I can't stand those pecker woods that do the whole "lets see how high I can get the tip of myboat out of the water" B.S. On top of that, they were doing it in 1/4 mile cove, where they are suppose to race, not do their gay boat dance.
    Next, their second cousin, the jet ski, those f....in things were all over the place, including the cove were they don't belong. I think it's a major problem when you can't even drive into the cove without dodging those idiots that don't even know how to drive those things. I personally almost took out two of them.
    Oh yeah, did I mention the ski boats? Ski boats have always been there but they would always just come into the cove, post up off to the side and be spectators, thats cool. But in past years, we would drive off to another cove just hang out, drink some beers, b.s. with about 3-4 boats. Now, the ski boats come into those coves and throw up wakes at us, no respect,no brains.
    Some of you guys that have been going to Camp Far the last 5-6 years know that this last weekend was a pretty small turn out for race boats, and the classics as well. I think the amount jets, jet ski's, and ski boats over the weekend will tell you why. Something has to be done. Me and the boys are thinking real hard about ever returning there, and thats a shame.
    Nostalgic V-drives
    Northern Ca.

Warlockjer
    So NS, why don't you tell us how you really feel

cyclone
    damn jet boaters. can't go anywhere without them screwin things up by having a good time in their boats. sheesh!

Cole Man II
    We pulled out Saturday morning. Thurday & Friday were nice, but by Saturday the cove is usually blown out and the Clasic V-Drive Bash becomes anything but.
    The big question is next year. The gal at the gate told me on the way out Saturday, if the owner continues to get complaints about boats running before 7:00 am or after 9:00 pm the Clasic V-Drive deal will be over permanently.
    Keep your finger crossed.
    Cole Man.

Towndrunk
    First post and you snivle like a girl. How many other names do you go by?
    Hiding behind a false screen name is what I call gay. I laugh at jet boaters that think their boats are fast but I still enjoy watching them make an ass of themselves having a good time. Next you'll wine about outboards kicking your ass. Jeezzzzzzz :cry:

Cole Man II
    Cyclone,
    I have no problem with jet boats. The problem I have is with courtesy. If some of the slower boats would just run for awhile, then let the water calm, we could see some of the faster boats run. Jets and V-Drives.
    Hope to see you all next year. Just the courteous ones of course.
    Cole Man.

Lefty
    It's not just the jet boats it's the guys that have no clue of how lucky we are to have a place to go and run are boats. Wed. thru Fri. everybody was pretty respectable to one another. The problems arose from the weekenders. I also heard that this was the last year of this event and I will miss it.

Cole Man II
    Lefty,
    What exactly did you hear? And was it someone from the park?
    Thanks,

cyclone
    Cyclone,
    I have no problem with jet boats. The problem I have is with courtesy. If some of the slower boats would just run for awhile, then let the water calm, we could see some of the faster boats run. Jets and V-Drives.
    Hope to see you all next year. Just the courteous ones of course.
    Cole Man.
    i know i was just kidding. but seriously, the kind of boat a lot of us do (racing on public water) doesn't take precidence over any one else that wants to be on the same water. You got to be patient because at the end of the day the water is there for everyone and drag racing on public water is illegal. sucks to wait for wakeboard boats and jet skis and even jet boats but that's the way it is. i feel lucky that there are still places you can even run a fast boat without getting hassled by the cops. it wont last forever.

Lefty
    I heard someone south of the preacher was playing music pretty late keeping everybody up and someone had to help them shut it off, Good job. They were asked to leave in the middle of the night and ended up burning some there camping gear. I was not there when that happend so yes it is second hand. I think it was the guys with the boat 666

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast