Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: CFW What the F.... is up?

infotraker
    I understand the problems with boats cruising thru the cove . I was able to make a couple of passes in the morning and again late day during the weekend even with some bad water. I just race myself so did not get up to top speed against another boat, shutting down early because of rollers. What did make the weekend fun was looking at the boats and talking to lots of people. Hopefully enough drivers can make occasional runs in the future to keep the ***boat crowd coming in the future.

Kindsvater Flat
    You guys seem to be missing the one element. Everyone posting here is not the problem. The guys that post here know when to play and when not to. Maybe some flyers that can be passed at the gate would help.

TopCat
    [QUOTE=Kindsvater Flat]You guys seem to be missing the one element. Everyone posting here is not the problem. The guys that post here know when to play and when not to. Maybe some flyers that can be passed at the gate would help.[/QUOTE First of all let me say I'll always be a jet boater first, for the reasons we've been talking about, they are simply better all around boats(just my opinion) but as I said b4 I love to watch the v-drives. They are the fastest boats on the lake but I think its people like yourself and the others that feel like us to get together find some common ground, go to the ownership with some Ideas maybe things like talking to some boat dealers to show their boats out there, I don't know the answer but show the owners we are here to help them and ourselves and that we can be responsible and trusted and a start would be just a couple events a season and limiting 1/4 mile cove to just performance boats will work for the hem. Its really not about us as individuals. We don't own the lake they do and the sooner we realize that the better and work with them and not against us, v-drive or jet, then things like fliers will work to remind and educate the rest.

Bobby Knight
    TOPCAT & KFLAT
    I know several people have discussed the idea of flyers. I would absolutely volunteer to do them, but it becomes a very sticky situation for liability reasons. The resort won't, probably cant get involved for insurance reasons, as so with many boat shops, and manufacturers. CFW is not setup w/ proper race facilities (in&out ramps, and medics) so speed runs, lake races, so whatever you want to call it its a legal disaster. The flyer idea would have to be completely anonamous, and even then, probably not favored by the management. Like I said, I would be happy to do that anyway. The other problem is how to pass them out. You can' stay at the gate and distribute them. You could probably pick out most of their tow vehicles, but at that point it would be too late.
    Kflat, your a dead right on, most of our problems are not from people on these forums. Even the jet thread guys are probably good, its the knuckleheads who probably dont even have a computer yet.
    I dont know what the best solution is, hopefully we can come up with something. Worst case, find another weekend, try and keep it tightlipped until it becomes too crowded and switch again.. Steve

JEA557
    I have read thru these many pages and the bottom line is it doesnt matter what lake you go to its always going to be the same deal with people just clueless that were waiting for good water to make a pass. Ive always been a lake guy and still am, but I have to say if you really want to run your shit then go racing. It doesnt matter how fast your boat is 14 seconds down to the pro classes. At least you will have flat water, controled conditions and rescue. Talk about fun and hanging out with everyone.
    You get out of you your plate doing 100 plus and hit a mystery roller at the lake well hang on brother. It doesnt cost me anymore on a race weekend than is does going to the lake for a weekend. Just food for thought...

Sleek-Jet
    Maybe all the BIG BAD V-DRIVE boat owners could wear beany copter hats, so we will see them and stay clear.
    This has got to be the best line in this entire thread...
    K-flat is right, everyone is preaching to the choir here. :idea:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011